Shadow Striker - Who to Choose

by JTC, Mar 8, 2021

I am in a game using Man Utd with friends and into 3rd season. Came 2nd in the first two seasons. Liverpool (playing 4-1-2-1-2 wide diamond) with Haaland, Fati, Salah and Odegaard upfront are scoring for fun. I started playing strikerless towards the end of season 2 and just managed to beat Liverpool 3-2 in community shield in season 3. Hurray. Seems that my friend still doesnt quite know how to deal with strikerless ...

Question for advice: I have 80m in my transfer pot and I would want to buy a SS (my current SS are Demir, Greenwood, Joao Pedro and Van De Beek which lack a bit of sharp edge). I have a choice of: (1) Dybala (2) Giovanni Reyna (3) Bellingham. Who should I snap up? The only slight complication is that the first two both asked for non-negotiable promises which I cannot quite fulfill (e.g. playing them as AP).

JTC said: I am in a game using Man Utd with friends and into 3rd season. Came 2nd in the first two seasons. Liverpool (playing 4-1-2-1-2 wide diamond) with Haaland, Fati, Salah and Odegaard upfront are scoring for fun. I started playing strikerless towards the end of season 2 and just managed to beat Liverpool 3-2 in community shield in season 3. Hurray. Seems that my friend still doesnt quite know how to deal with strikerless ...

Question for advice: I have 80m in my transfer pot and I would want to buy a SS (my current SS are Demir, Greenwood, Joao Pedro and Van De Beek which lack a bit of sharp edge). I have a choice of: (1) Dybala (2) Giovanni Reyna (3) Bellingham. Who should I snap up? The only slight complication is that the first two both asked for non-negotiable promises which I cannot quite fulfill (e.g. playing them as AP).

With initial attributes, Dybala is better because he is faster. Hard to know how their attributes are after three seasons. Check this table to see which attributes are the most important: https://fm-arena.com/table/9-important-attributes/

In short, you want fast players, with high pace, acceleration, agility and dribbling.

In the end I bought Lemar and Bellingham who both can play Wingers and SS.

JTC said: In the end I bought Lemar and Bellingham who both can play Wingers and SS.

Yusuf Demir can be a good option

ta2199 said: Yusuf Demir can be a good option

Already got him in my squad LOL He is a funny player because he has a strong tendency to use his left foot (I think his stronger foot) but his natural role is right AMR so he fits the profile of an IF-R a lot but I don't play IF anymore. When playing him as SS I usually put him on the left side.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment