I started to train everyone pace and acceleration and results went dramatically up. With media prediction 6-8 at season start with 50-1 bets I got 2 wins in a row.

@Alexandru Did you set training to individual? And literaly everyone on pace and acceleration also goalkepper?

mehmetgs7 said: @infxamus Do you think it will be smart thing to put right footed to the left ST and left footed to the right? I just did this and conceded 2 goals immediately right after that. Probably irrelevant.

But I am curious about your thought on this matter.

I personally put the best goalscorer at AF and the better playmaker at PF

weakfootedwinger said: Are there any traits that help certain roles in this tactic?

I was trying back to goal for the pressing and beating trap for IF-a and AF-a.

Traits that are contrasting to team/player instructions will lead to the tactic being less effective

A negative trait for ALL POSITIONS: "Does Not Dive Into Tackles" affects the "Tackle Harder" instruction

Only try putting a trait on the player if he has the ability to do it (example: If a player has high technique and passing "tries killer balls often" trait is a good one

For FBs:
Positive Traits: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible", "Plays One-Twos", "Cuts Inside", "Runs With Ball Often"
Negative Traits: "Stays Back At All Times", "Runs with Ball down *insert side here*" (will affect the underlap/cut inside instruction, will turn the underlaps into overlaps) "Hugs Line"

For BPD -
Positive Traits: "Tries Long Range Passes", "Stays Back At All Times" "Brings Ball Out of Defense"
Negative Traits: "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" (affects "Hold Position Instruction), "Runs With Ball Rarely" (affects 'Dribble More' Instruction), 'Plays No Through Balls', "Plays Short simple passes" (affects one of the focal points of a BPD, to play long range/through balls)

For DMs: There aren't really any negative traits since the role is on support and 1 instruction

For AF -
Positive Traits: "Moves Into Channels", or "Plays One-Twos" "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" "Gets Into Opposition Area", "Likes To Beat Offside Trap"
Negative Traits: "Runs with ball rarely" "Comes Deep To Get Ball"

For PF -
Positive Traits: "Comes Deep to Get Ball" or "Moves Into Channels", "Plays With Ball Back To Goal"
Negative Traits: "Runs With Ball Through Centre". Avoid using players who also have "Will Try to beat Offside Trap" or "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" traits for the role because then they'll basically turn into another AF when there's no other playmakers

For IFs -
Positive traits: "Runs With Ball Often", "Tries Killer Balls" "Cuts inside from *insert wing here*"
Negative Traits: "Likes ball played into feet" (affects "pass into space" team instruction), "Comes Deep To Get Ball", "Dwells On Ball"

McFLYVidic said: @Alexandru Did you set training to individual? And literaly everyone on pace and acceleration also goalkepper?

1. Training is "automatic" intensity if that what you ask apart from "double" intensity for fresh - the only thing I change. I play on PS5 so for training there is much less variability available.

2. For GK I don't put pace or acceleration. And I dont put Pace/acceleration for players below 22 y.o. as advised by fccadoni.

infxamus said: I personally put the best goalscorer at AF and the better playmaker at PF

For AF -
Positive Traits: "Moves Into Channels", or "Plays One-Twos" "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" "Gets Into Opposition Area", "Likes To Beat Offside Trap"
Negative Traits: "Runs with ball rarely" "Comes Deep To Get Ball"
For PF -
Positive Traits: "Comes Deep to Get Ball" or "Moves Into Channels", "Plays With Ball Back To Goal"
Negative Traits: "Runs With Ball Through Centre". Avoid using players who also have "Will Try to beat Offside Trap" or "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" traits for the role because then they'll basically turn into another AF when there's no other playmakers

For IFs -
Positive traits: "Runs With Ball Often", "Tries Killer Balls" "Cuts inside from *insert wing here*"
Negative Traits: "Likes ball played into feet" (affects "pass into space" team instruction), "Comes Deep To Get Ball", "Dwells On Ball"

Could you please advice about traits for other positions - DM, FA, BPD?

Alexandru said: Could you please advice about traits for other positions - DM, FA, BPD?

I've updated the previous post with new positive and negative traits

does "runs with ball down right/left" affects central players somehow? central defenders or strikers

smigler said: does "runs with ball down right/left" affects central players somehow? central defenders or strikers

I am pretty sure the trait will affect central players, as it means when they have the ball they will likely run to a certain area/flank of the pitch than other areas

chakalfm said: @infxamus hi bro, so you recommend to set "pace and acceleration" for everyone >22?

I set the additional focus to a weakness the player has

Is there a specific reason that the FB are cutting inside?

Hi, just a few questions I’ve used the tactic and done really well. Personally in my fourth season with Coventry using it. Firstly what I’ve noticed is that some games if I score first my team just sits off when I don’t change anything they basically invite the opposition to score. Secondly some games it’s really flimsy defensively in some games especially towards the end of games is there anyway to hold on to a lead better?

Jos said: Hi, just a few questions I’ve used the tactic and done really well. Personally in my fourth season with Coventry using it. Firstly what I’ve noticed is that some games if I score first my team just sits off when I don’t change anything they basically invite the opposition to score. Secondly some games it’s really flimsy defensively in some games especially towards the end of games is there anyway to hold on to a lead better?

Hi Gareth nice to see you on FM Arena looking for tactics.

Jos said: Hi, just a few questions I’ve used the tactic and done really well. Personally in my fourth season with Coventry using it. Firstly what I’ve noticed is that some games if I score first my team just sits off when I don’t change anything they basically invite the opposition to score. Secondly some games it’s really flimsy defensively in some games especially towards the end of games is there anyway to hold on to a lead better?

For the "sits off when I don’t change anything they basically invite the opposition to score." I don't know as this is a very high pressing tactic, so I would look at the work rates of the players, in top leagues I recommend to have first team players with at least 12 work rate and for those below the threshold have it as an additional focus

As for keeping a lead for the end game follow these instructions from this post and you should be fine

Which generic tactical style is the nearest to your "Custom" tactical stye used?

what to do against strong teams away

reyzknight said: Which generic tactical style is the nearest to your "Custom" tactical stye used?

A combination of gegenpress and wing play

stetoon said: what to do against strong teams away

I like to leave it on balanced mentality, but if you want to start the game on cautious mentality and then as the game goes on (around minute 30) change back to balanced mentality

I just wanted to ask if the Pressing Forward role is supposed to be so hard to increase tactical familiarity on. I have a serbian ST/AMC wonderkid who spent an entire season playing that one role and only raising the tactical familiarity to 50% with his role. Since he is under 22 I don’t put on role training, maybe that is my mistake? Would it help with tactical familiarity or should I be looking to find a player who would be natural at that position. So far, I haven’t come across a player natural at PF, maybe that is one of the more rare roles?

serma said: I just wanted to ask if the Pressing Forward role is supposed to be so hard to increase tactical familiarity on. I have a serbian ST/AMC wonderkid who spent an entire season playing that one role and only raising the tactical familiarity to 50% with his role. Since he is under 22 I don’t put on role training, maybe that is my mistake? Would it help with tactical familiarity or should I be looking to find a player who would be natural at that position. So far, I haven’t come across a player natural at PF, maybe that is one of the more rare roles?

if u train him in that role that he is playing in 3-4 matches it will be 100%

So this is what I'm talking about, he is the only player in the entire squad who hasn't learned his position in 43 matches. Maybe PF doesn't get trained if I don't specify his role in training, but rather pure ST roles keep getting trained? Or am I just putting completely wrong player in a wrong position, however he can play both AMC and ST which makes it kinda weird for me

serma said: So this is what I'm talking about, he is the only player in the entire squad who hasn't learned his position in 43 matches. Maybe PF doesn't get trained if I don't specify his role in training, but rather pure ST roles keep getting trained? Or am I just putting completely wrong player in a wrong position, however he can play both AMC and ST which makes it kinda weird for me

The game might be automatically training him for the AF role, so just put on the training to Pressing Forward (Support) and you should be fine

@infxamus  Thanks for all your time and detailed responses. This is the best tactics I played. And I don't think there is a lot of threads where even traits are explained so well.

By the way, do you have any idea, why there are absolutely no tactics with 5 defenders or 3 CD with WBs in the top? I remember in old patches diversity was broader.

This tactic is just too good... 2 years + in my save and still unbeaten. 1st season in the second divisjon, won the cup and got into europa league. Unbeaten there as well, facing Tottenham in the semis which is my thoughest opponent yet. Broken!

playin as man utd, its not great for me. A lot of shots from distance and not scoring really wel.
Some tips?

Definitely a plug in and play tactic. Experienced players will win their chosen leagues 95% of the time i believe if they`re a decent team.

I have just won the Premier League with Crystal Palace in the first season. :D

I don’t know what version I’m using right now… so I can’t know what tatic I can use… How to know my football manager version?

WillPontez said: I don’t know what version I’m using right now… so I can’t know what tatic I can use… How to know my football manager version?

Click "Game Status"

Then find the Game Version Info

Could someone please share screenshots of the shortlists mentioned earlier in this thread for us console plebs?

Create an account or log in to leave a comment