Signing players with attribute masking and without 3rd party software

by Middleweight165, May 12, 2024

For the 1st time in my adult FM career I have decided to play the game with attribute masking on and without 3rd party software.

Previously I would use GS and the ratings from here and choose players to sign that way.

I've realised I have no idea how to choose players using this new way.

I know i want to focus on the meta attributes rather than a GS rating but whats the best way to find players with those attributes?

Do i search the players in my range and then scout the ones with highest attribute ranges in the meta attributes? Then increase the range o the player search as my club climbs the leagues or is there another  way of uncovering attributes?

There are numerous videos on effective scouting techniques. Basically scout a lot of players and only then look for the attributes you want. You want to build as big of a database of scouted players as you can. That way you can then make better choices. Stars are a pretty good first approximation of someones ability.

Depending how low league you start there are different options. In England for example you can get to at least Championship on DoF suggestions for free agents alone. Trial those players for 2 weeks and it's equivalent to full scouting the player except it's free. Complement the free agents with some cheap or free loans and you'll have a promotion capable team each season. After you reach Championship (or something on that level financially in other countries) start building that database: recruitment focuses, national team scouting, team reports, key players at clubs, international tournaments...

Create an account or log in to leave a comment