Top tier league

by ZaZ, Apr 16, 2021

I would like to suggest a competition with the top 10 tactics (from different authors), two teams per tactic, all with the same players and frozen attributes. After the initial setup of this league, it would be pretty easy to update and run again if the top tactics have changed, like once a month or two. Results would be shown in a new table, with the score of each of these tactics in this test league, in the same layout as the other tables.

The benefit of this league would be to understand strengths and vulnerabilities of the tactics, allowing us to improve further. Is there any chance to make this happen, @Zippo?

10 teams, 10 different top tactics, each playing with its own original top tactics? This is a great idea, I've been thinking about it for a long time!

scalp said: 10 teams, 10 different top tactics, each playing with its own original top tactics? This is a great idea, I've been thinking about it for a long time!

20 teams, each tactic with two teams, the same way as they make the other tests, with team A and team B. That way you have more matches played per tactic.

ZaZ said: I would like to suggest a competition with the top 10 tactics (from different authors), two teams per tactic, all with the same players and frozen attributes. After the initial setup of this league, it would be pretty easy to update and run again if the top tactics have changed, like once a month or two. Results would be shown in a new table, with the score of each of these tactics in this test league, in the same layout as the other tables.

The benefit of this league would be to understand strengths and vulnerabilities of the tactics, allowing us to improve further. Is there any chance to make this happen, @Zippo?

Hi,

If I understand you correctly then you suggest testing human tactics vs human tactics but the result of such testing would be useless when you play vs AI managers because it's a completely different matter.

Testing human tactics vs human tactics sounds like an interesting idea but I'm not sure there are many people interested in it... if we see a lot of people interested then we might consider doing it.

Zippo said: Hi,

If I understand you correctly then you suggest testing human tactics vs human tactics but the result of such testing would be useless when you play vs AI managers because it's a completely different matter.

Testing human tactics vs human tactics sounds like an interesting idea but I'm not sure there are many people interested in it... if we see a lot of people interested then we might consider doing it.

I have been contacted more than once with questions about counters to Blue, from people that play multiplayer. This kind of test would be useful for that, revealing vulnerabilities that can either be exploited by others or fixed by the authors.

Anyway, I understand it's extra work for you guys, so I hope more people show interest to make this viable. =)

Create an account or log in to leave a comment