The Defensive Midfielder roles

by Machismo, May 16, 2021

Most tactic makers nominate a DLP (sup) and some go for a DM (sup).  Not being an FM veteran I don't really notice much difference when I change the DM roles.
e.g. Using the phoenix / Zazz tactics we have 1xDLP.
My DM is a quality player so I want to get the most out of him. 
Does anyone use a Regista ?? 
Why do you tactic mechanics never stick him in, preferring to send a DLP/DM onto the pitch?
And since my DM is above average using ZAZZ Blue what role would you go with for the DM?

DM in Blue playing as "Passing Machine Role" with the duty of transition between Defenders and Attackers. That's why he got the low rating because all he was doing is just passing the ball away. Even though his rating is low, It doesn't mean he is bad. He play a decent Role in how the Tactic work and how your team is playing. If you want to test it, just move him away or changed to any Role and you will see how your Defending fall apart.

ta2199 said: DM in Blue playing as "Passing Machine Role" with the duty of transition between Defenders and Attackers. That's why he got the low rating because all he was doing is just passing the ball away. Even though his rating is low, It doesn't mean he is bad. He play a decent Role in how the Tactic work and how your team is playing. If you want to test it, just move him away or changed to any Role and you will see how your Defending fall apart.

Thanks for replying.  Just to clarify when you say "DM" are you saying 'DLP' ( used in Zazz Blue) or 'DM' (used in Zazz Red)?

Like @ta2199 said, DLP works more as a transition role. If you check their stats, they usually have the most passes in the entire match, but rarelly any assists, kicks or dribbles. They don't give the final assist, but often give the pass before the assist. That's why it's important for them to have Hold Position, so they are always available to receive the ball and pass around from that central position. DLP and DM allow Hold Position, so they both work well in this system. Regista and RPM, on the other hand, have Roam From Position, working better in a like of two. The other positions, as well as DLP and DM in defend duty, are usually more defense oriented, not doing many passes to positions that can lead to those final assists.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment