Date: 05.03.2022
Test #2
Test #3
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to show

Dragons Breathe

I have adapted this tactic from my FM21 version and it looks to go ok. As with the TFF one I previously uploaded I tested this with 3 lower league sides that were all listed as having Board expectations of fight hard against relegation. The results were a little better than the TFF one with all sides finishing in the top 4.

Dragons Breath 3.1

I have tweaked this tactic to be very aggressive in attack to try and match what the match engine favors. The CM has moved forward to an F9 position and the old F9 has moved across to AF on the right. The old WBs are now FB Attack. I have removed all the tackle harder PIs and reworked all the set pieces.

As you can see the results in @ZaZ test league were pretty impressive with Norwich finishing 4th. Easily the best result for anything I have tested.

Man City with 144 goals and Norwich with over 100 goals in the season. Corner routine worked pretty well with City getting 23 and Norwich 17 from corners.

Defence is leaky but attack is mind blowing.

Dragons Breath 1.3

Changes from the original are CM offset and changed from CM Attack to MEZ, and DM changed from RPM to DLP Support.

Also changes to the Set Pieces.

Worked well in testing with Belgium unlucky to have 12 red cards which impacted on the results somewhat.

Dragons Breath 4.1

This is the best tactic I have used so far. Reworked the tactic to the structure that seems to be working best this year, 4-1-2W-1-2.

Change log:

From Dragons Breath the CM Attack moves forward to a AM Support. Changed the full backs to IWB Attack. Changed the set pieces again.

Results. I used the League of Nations testing game save. It is the best result I have had with any tactic on it. It is also doing very well in my normal game save.

Tottenham, the 1st season, predicted 6th

This tactic just hit the front in my testing. I am now running this with success in lower leagues

Can u add screenshots for player instructions, team instructions and set pieces? I want to try this on switch where i cant Just pug tactic.

NoSignal said: Can u add screenshots for player instructions, team instructions and set pieces? I want to try this on switch where i cant Just pug tactic.

Will do, when I get a break in my testing. Should be in the next 2 hours

NoSignal said: Can u add screenshots for player instructions, team instructions and set pieces? I want to try this on switch where i cant Just pug tactic.

The Set Pieces are from ZaZ last year. I have included some but I am sure you would be able to find the rest around. A fair bit of work but I think I have what you needed.

Player

Team

SP

Since his tactic got better results for underdog teams, I suppose I don't need to show those things from mine, right?

ZaZ said: Since his tactic got better results for underdog teams, I suppose I don't need to show those things from mine, right?

I Think u can post them:) there is somone From Xbox that want to try it:) sorry for my English its really bad:)

ZaZ said: Since his tactic got better results for underdog teams, I suppose I don't need to show those things from mine, right?

When I get a chance in the next few days I might go back through results to look at set pieces as well to try and see if we can get a feel for what is working.

@Mark are u going to test this tactic? I mean test in that official testing system on this site

NoSignal said: @Mark are u going to test this tactic? I mean test in that official testing system on this site

Sorry mate, but I don't get to decide whether it is tested. That is up to the site administrators

Ok, we will se:) Just ended set up this on switch. Took me about 2hours:/

NoSignal said: Ok, we will se:) Just ended set up this on switch. Took me about 2hours:/

Let me know how it goes

I joined Club before Las Palmas game. Then, 6 wins in a row

NoSignal said: I joined Club before Las Palmas game. Then, 6 wins in a row

They look like pretty good results mate. Please let me know how it progresses

NoSignal said: I joined Club before Las Palmas game. Then, 6 wins in a row

And according to Genie Scout CD Coria should not be competitive although in real life they are not doing bad this season. Good luck and enjoy.

Sadly need to start new game. Didnt set up hide atributtes at start. Now i can See everythinh in players profile. Hate that. Now will tey with deepest English league. Dulwich Hamlet is my new club:)

4132 seems to be strongest formation atm, I like this one because of very attacking mentality and AF+F9 pair instead of double AF so will happily give it a go :D

I wanted to ask if it's fine to use a No.10/AMC type at CM, and if F9 requires more pace or passing/technique? Thanks!

Target Person said: 4132 seems to be strongest formation atm, I like this one because of very attacking mentality and AF+F9 pair instead of double AF so will happily give it a go :D

I wanted to ask if it's fine to use a No.10/AMC type at CM, and if F9 requires more pace or passing/technique? Thanks!

I think AMCs work well as the CM Attack role so give it a go.

I generally individually train my key attacking players with Passing as it also includes Vision which I think is most important. And definitely Acceleration and Pace make a big difference

NoSignal said: Sadly need to start new game. Didnt set up hide atributtes at start. Now i can See everythinh in players profile. Hate that. Now will tey with deepest English league. Dulwich Hamlet is my new club:)

How did you go with your new save. I just started with CD Coria in Spain and St Albans Vanarama South in England. I am just getting through the preseason and haven't been able to add much quality to either squad. Pre season has been good in England so now hoping to kick the season off with a few wins.

I will post today some Photos. Played about 15 games. No loses. 13 wins and 2 draws. 1st in league  and in 5 stage od cup. No transfers, no one want to join me:/ later i will add some photos

I will post today some Photos. Played about 15 games. No loses. 13 wins and 2 draws. 1st in league  and in 5 stage od cup. No transfers, no one want to join me:/ later i will add some photos

Ok. I cant upload Photos. So 18 games, 12 wins, 5 draws and 1 lose in league. 1st place. Im scoring a lot, but losing a lot to. Goal diff is 56-26. Didnt have one game when i didnt lose goal

I tryed this on 3rd portugese leauge. Dont work well. 4 wins, 4 draws, 2 loses. Cant score more than 1 goal in game. I have pretty good team, better than in dulwitch but playing much worse mby bcs i joined during the season afer previous manager was sacked

NoSignal said: I tryed this on 3rd portugese leauge. Dont work well. 4 wins, 4 draws, 2 loses. Cant score more than 1 goal in game. I have pretty good team, better than in dulwitch but playing much worse mby bcs i joined during the season afer previous manager was sacked

You might need to give it a bit more time with a side like that, especially joining mid season. Your team is ranked towards the bottom of that League so results are not too bad. Can you train the players to the position and role you are using them in. It sometimes helps them learn the tactic quicker. Otherwise might be best to try another tactic that suits the players you have,I think Electro would suit that team, ZaZ.

On touch there is no something like tactic familiarty

NoSignal said: On touch there is no something like tactic familiarty

Read this - https://fm-arena.com/thread/1076-my-tactic-doesn-t-work-help-me-please/

I have added a new version of this tactic which is over the top attacking. Dragon Breath 3.1. Moved the F9 across to AF and brought the CM Attack up to F9. This has given a ridiculous amount of scoring. Even got Norwich to 4th at the end of the season in EPL.

Mark said: I have added a new version of this tactic which is over the top attacking. Dragon Breath 3.1. Moved the F9 across to AF and brought the CM Attack up to F9. This has given a ridiculous amount of scoring. Even got Norwich to 4th at the end of the season in EPL.

This seems very promising! Love the F9 use. Did you try with IW instead of wingers?

cptdoggo said: This seems very promising! Love the F9 use. Did you try with IW instead of wingers?

No this was my first go at it. Happy for you to try the changes you have suggested and post it

Create an account or log in to leave a comment