Koopa said: is the tactic suited for underdog teams? ive had some good results with it in my first year in the prem (managing Blackburn), but it feels like my players have regressed and i'm giving up a ton of goals to big teams

this can help - https://fm-arena.com/thread/1076-my-tactic-doesn-t-work-help-me-please/

also, check the 1st post of this thread, there are a lot of tips by ZaZ in it

Koopa said: ironically, i've had a lot of trouble with that tactic, are the CMs supposed to be world class attackers? cos i have an easier time scoring with blue

That tactic is more solid, meaning better defense. Blue is better at attacking.

ZaZ said: That tactic is more solid, meaning better defense. Blue is better at attacking.

is your ss version better than the cm version? sorry for the dumb questions, i'm new to the game

Koopa said: is your ss version better than the cm version? sorry for the dumb questions, i'm new to the game

No. CM is better. If you are unsure, use the version from @Geek that was tested here and did very well.

Seen a lot of streamers and friends using narrow tactics lately and performing well. But this keep being a top tactic. Have you tested something of a strikerless and/or narrow tactic?

kjordafen said: Seen a lot of streamers and friends using narrow tactics lately and performing well. But this keep being a top tactic. Have you tested something of a strikerless and/or narrow tactic?

Strikerless Tactics

Narrow Tactics

kjordafen said: Seen a lot of streamers and friends using narrow tactics lately and performing well. But this keep being a top tactic. Have you tested something of a strikerless and/or narrow tactic?

It's not like the top tactics will start performing worse just because some people started playing narrow or strikerless. Anyway, new tactics are tested every day, you can just check the tactic testing log.

ZaZ said: It's not like the top tactics will start performing worse just because some people started playing narrow or strikerless. Anyway, new tactics are tested every day, you can just check the tactic testing log.

Of course not, just weird that so many using narrow and strikerless tactics when most of the top tactics uses strikers and wingers :)

kjordafen said: Of course not, just weird that so many using narrow and strikerless tactics when most of the top tactics uses strikers and wingers :)

I think FM22 has few millions players and after you've seen few youtubers using strikerless and narrow tactics you conclude "so many" using them :D

kjordafen said: Of course not, just weird that so many using narrow and strikerless tactics when most of the top tactics uses strikers and wingers :)

If I post videos of how I became champion of Premier League playing with Blue or any other top tactic, people will say "Great thing, even a monkey can do that in vacation mode". However, If I post a video showing how I won everything with a novel goalkeeperless tactic, then everyone will watch it. Youtube is about entertaining, not about showing the best tactics.

ZaZ said: If I post videos of how I became champion of Premier League playing with Blue or any other top tactic, people will say "Great thing, even a monkey can do that in vacation mode". However, If I post a video showing how I won everything with a novel goalkeeperless tactic, then everyone will watch it. Youtube is about entertaining, not about showing the best tactics.

Yeah probably the case!

Sandro said: I think FM22 has few millions players and after you've seen few youtubers using strikerless and narrow tactics you conclude "so many" using them :D

hehe good point!

@ZaZ  Can u upload ur training schedule files (pre-1-2) pls :love:

Keshk said: @ZaZ  Can u upload ur training schedule files (pre-1-2) pls :love:

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/12345/

The highest score tactic for fm22 is 65 compared to 83 for fm21, so I think tactics have been nerfed quite a lot in this version?

TactocTestor said: The highest score tactic for fm22 is 65 compared to 83 for fm21, so I think tactics have been nerfed quite a lot in this version?

FM Arena changed their testing league approach this year. You can read about it below.

Testing League Changes

Is "much shorter passing" viable?

saitjerome said: Is "much shorter passing" viable?

In short, it lowers the performance. Why would you want to have much shorter passing?

Is "much shorter passing" viable?

ZaZ said: In short, it lowers the performance. Why would you want to have much shorter passing?

i love the number of passes completed by my team. It shows dominance imo.

saitjerome said: i love the number of passes completed by my team. It shows dominance imo.

In my opinion, and that's just an opinion, the objective of football is to score more goals than opposition. There are several ways to achieve that, but anything you do in the field should contribute to use space better to score goals and avoid conceding.

That being said, passing is one of the mechanics that can potentialize a tactical style, but I can't see "completing several passes" as a good metric for entertaining football. For example, I prefer to look at clear chances created and clear chances conceded.

Anyway, I believe Barcelona from Messi created an illusion that Tiki-Taka is better than other styles, because they really dominated most opponents, but some people forget that we are talking about the best Barcelona of all times, with at least three or four players that would figure in any list of best players in history. However, teams have dominated the field with very different tactics both before and after that Barcelona.

P.S.: I'm not saying you can't win with high passing tactics, just that I don't think that metric should define a tactic. You can use very short passing with this tactic, but it will lose performance. Maybe you would have better success with another tactic with more players in the midfield, like this.

ZaZ said: In my opinion, and that's just an opinion, the objective of football is to score more goals than opposition. There are several ways to achieve that, but anything you do in the field should contribute to use space better to score goals and avoid conceding.

That being said, passing is one of the mechanics that can potentialize a tactical style, but I can't see "completing several passes" as a good metric for entertaining football. For example, I prefer to look at clear chances created and clear chances conceded.

Anyway, I believe Barcelona from Messi created an illusion that Tiki-Taka is better than other styles, because they really dominated most opponents, but some people forget that we are talking about the best Barcelona of all times, with at least three or four players that would figure in any list of best players in history. However, teams have dominated the field with very different tactics both before and after that Barcelona.

P.S.: I'm not saying you can't win with high passing tactics, just that I don't think that metric should define a tactic. You can use very short passing with this tactic, but it will lose performance. Maybe you would have better success with another tactic with more players in the midfield, like this.

Really appreciate that u gave a value to respond that long. According to "but some people forget that we are talking about the best Barcelona of all times, with at least three or four players that would figure in any list of best players in history." that sentence i'd say xavi, iniesta, etc. were already playing but they weren't considered as "world's best players". When pep took the charge and adapted his players at the second half of the league then people turned their eyes to barcelona and impressed of their "tiki-taka" magic.

As short, i believe that tactic makes players better not the players(at some point yes). I know every person has their own idea about football, like my friend absolutely in love with counter attack which i hate. I've tried many tactics to make it real tiki-taka on FM match engine but it doesn't work. Maybe i better stick with the tactic called "score more than your opponent" to be successful. :D

saitjerome said: Really appreciate that u gave a value to respond that long. According to "but some people forget that we are talking about the best Barcelona of all times, with at least three or four players that would figure in any list of best players in history." that sentence i'd say xavi, iniesta, etc. were already playing but they weren't considered as "world's best players". When pep took the charge and adapted his players at the second half of the league then people turned their eyes to barcelona and impressed of their "tiki-taka" magic.

As short, i believe that tactic makes players better not the players(at some point yes). I know every person has their own idea about football, like my friend absolutely in love with counter attack which i hate. I've tried many tactics to make it real tiki-taka on FM match engine but it doesn't work. Maybe i better stick with the tactic called "score more than your opponent" to be successful. :D

About a tactic making players better, I agree, but the other way is also true. If you check the last champions from UEFA Champions League, they have been teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool, none of them known for putting emphasis in possession. Sure, there was a title from Barcelona and one from Bayern Munich, but they seem to be more of an exception than the rule.

Like I said before, I have nothing against positional play, but I like when possession converts into chances created. If a team has 90% of possession but created only two clear chances of goal, then it is less attacking than a team that defended the whole match and got five clear chances from counter attacks.

Anyway, you should probably check for a tactic with good possession and score over 6.0, that will be enough to win most championships.

Since there isn't any statistic that shows possession, do you know any tactic that would suit me :P

saitjerome said: Since there isn't any statistic that shows possession, do you know any tactic that would suit me :P

I believe this one would have better possession than Blue: https://fm-arena.com/tactic/2674-positive-tiki-taka-cms-attack/

You can also try Green 5.0, which is essentially the same.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this tactic. I used to play a lot to the FM21 version. I had great results without using training schedules, I just let the assistant manage this.
Are the results good without training schedule posted by Zaz ?

Sorry for my poor english

Pepito said: Hello,

Thanks a lot for this tactic. I used to play a lot to the FM21 version. I had great results without using training schedules, I just let the assistant manage this.
Are the results good without training schedule posted by Zaz ?

Sorry for my poor english

Testing training schedules is very difficult, because there are multiple objectives to training, like developing players, improving team performance in the current season, reducing injuries and allowing enough rest to repeat the same team when needed. Anyway, I don't think the influence of training schedule is so big, so you can leave it to assistant manager if you feel more comfortable that way.

How is the tactic performance if i change mentality to very attacking?

TactocTestor said: How is the tactic performance if i change mentality to very attacking?

It drops. This tactic is already extremely attacking, so it's better to keep it that way.

Thanks do you think it's a good idea to teach everyone look for pass rather than attemtping to score?

TactocTestor said: Thanks do you think it's a good idea to teach everyone look for pass rather than attemtping to score?

I don't know since I have never tested it.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment