Zippo said: Done.

But unfortunately, it looks like some attachments have been removed from the OP. :(

That's life. I'll take screenshots again soon. Thanks!

ZaZ said: That's life. I'll take screenshots again soon. Thanks!

What do you think about using Under Lap as TI ? Cause now we're using IWB(At). If we use Underlap maybe both DR/DL can be more effective.

Screenshots from instructions, set pieces and training are up again.

ta2199 said: What do you think about using Under Lap as TI ? Cause now we're using IWB(At). If we use Underlap maybe both DR/DL can be more effective.

I don't think it will help much. IWB already automatically underlap with DW. Adding the team instruction will just make DW not run with the ball as often, but instead hold the ball waiting for IWB to run into space. In other words, you will sacrifice DW options to create more IWB penetration. I prefer to leave it to the DW to choose what option is better instead.

I have been playing against malmo two times in the CL group stage and my newcastle team scored 19 goals

So the old version is better than new version?

(about the test grade)

treath said: So the old version is better than new version?

(about the test grade)

Version with RPM is better for FM-Arena tests, but the difference is smaller than margin of error. In my tests, version with DLP is better, also with a very small difference. I'll be doing more runs to see if the difference is significant. For now, I would recommend anyone to use RPM version.

What RPM version @ZaZ? 🤔

NeOnHD92 said: What RPM version @ZaZ? 🤔

Blue DM, aka Blue 3.0 RPM.

ZaZ said: I still think we can improve a bit in this patch, but tactics will hardly get as dominant as in FM21. Just remember that 5.4 in this testing base is way more than 5.4 in FM21 table, because opponents are stronger.

Can you tell some more about this ?

DoubleR said: Can you tell some more about this ?

https://fm-arena.com/thread/1979-upcoming-changes-to-the-configuration-of-fm-arena-tactic-testing-league/

In short, they analyzed tactics and improved the league to have stronger opponents.

FMAddict said: Hi ZaZ. Using this tactic for the past 3 ingame seasons now, works wonders with an average team in the league.

I have 2 questions:
1. My strikers seem to score a very low amount of goals, 16 goals in 40 games seems a bit low. They aren't the best strikers I could have however and I was wondering if there is any particular attribute you look for in a striker to be successful.
2. I see you covered the training schedules for 1,2 MPW and preseason. My question is, for example if you have 2 away games in a week you lose the Defensive Shape training for that week because travel is placed instead of it. Is that ok? And another thing is how would you structure the schedule for a week in which the matches are Wed - Sun or Thu - Sat or any of that variation. I have these 2 schedules that tackle this particular question, would you consider this approach ok for this point?

I have also removed the Tackle Harder instruction from most of the roles because I was getting too many yellow cards. I have seen a decrease in yellow cards received by about 30% over the past 2 seasons and the results have not decreased whatsoever.

Hey @ZaZ,

I have done the same as @FMAddict, (removed Tackle Harder from all positions except for the DWs where they are locked) and found that it doesn't affect my results negatively.  I did this for two reasons. 1- to reduce the amount of yellow cards. 2- in some matches, mainly against poorer teams, I find that I can struggle to create chances due to the rhythm being disrupted because of too many fouls being committed.

Regarding the DW role. I am reluctant to change the role because I love the pressing from the DWs, but what would you suggest to do if the DW picks up a yellow card? Because Tackle Harder cannot be removed, would you suggest substituting the player? Or would changing the role to Winger Support be ok?

LoamLuke said: Hey @ZaZ,

I have done the same as @FMAddict, (removed Tackle Harder from all positions except for the DWs where they are locked) and found that it doesn't affect my results negatively.  I did this for two reasons. 1- to reduce the amount of yellow cards. 2- in some matches, mainly against poorer teams, I find that I can struggle to create chances due to the rhythm being disrupted because of too many fouls being committed.

Regarding the DW role. I am reluctant to change the role because I love the pressing from the DWs, but what would you suggest to do if the DW picks up a yellow card? Because Tackle Harder cannot be removed, would you suggest substituting the player? Or would changing the role to Winger Support be ok?

You can change DW-Su to W-Su and set it to have higher pressing intensity (trigger press). You can only increase the intensity after you decrease the pressing intensity of your team to minimum. Remember to return team pressing intensity to maximum after doing so.

@ZaZ  Touchline instructions and team talks are with the AM?

Tejash said: @ZaZ  Touchline instructions and team talks are with the AM?

Read Squad Management at first post.

I'm 90% sure that the Final Third cross setting affects corner delivery trajectory

drhay53 said: I'm 90% sure that the Final Third cross setting affects corner delivery trajectory

Hardly. At least with me, corners are being sent to the head of DCR (near post).

drhay53 said: I'm 90% sure that the Final Third cross setting affects corner delivery trajectory

No.

When I have low crossing on, the near post deliveries are driven in much lower than when I have whipped or floated crossing on. I have been playing on comprehensive with my own tactic for 2.5 seasons.

I'm not saying that I think it changes aiming, I'm just saying that I think it affects trajectory on it's way to the near post.

Corners have long been included in the crossing statistics so it's not far-fetched at all to think that it would be treated pretty much as any other cross from the ME perspective.

drhay53 said: When I have low crossing on, the near post deliveries are driven in much lower than when I have whipped or floated crossing on. I have been playing on comprehensive with my own tactic for 2.5 seasons.

If from that perspective then it could be... but I really doubt that.

Low crosses are definitely crosses by the ground, to the feet. Crosses from corners are clearly to the head. I don't think they are related.

ZaZ said: Low crosses are definitely crosses by the ground, to the feet. Crosses from corners are clearly to the head. I don't think they are related.

Even with low crosses set, I have not been seeing players actually send crosses in on the ground nearly at all. Low crosses are typically sent in with a flat trajectory about the height of a player.

Anyway my point was simply to give you something to think about when you start looking at set pieces. Not criticizing the current tactic or anything, but I have found that I needed to get rid of low crossing when I actually wanted to have a chance to get on the end of a corner. Maybe it's placebo but I thought it was worth having someone who makes the better tactics test out.

G'day :)

drhay53 said: Anyway my point was simply to give you something to think about when you start looking at set pieces. Not criticizing the current tactic or anything, but I have found that I needed to get rid of low crossing when I actually wanted to have a chance to get on the end of a corner. Maybe it's placebo but I thought it was worth having someone who makes the better tactics test out.

G'day :)

I didn't take it as a critic, I just think there isn't much evidence to support your claim. With low crosses, my teams are consistently scoring lots of goals from corners, around one every other match, so I don't see a reason to change. For example, in my Concord run, I got four goals from corners in two matches, one after another. I watched all those corners two or three times to see the behavior of players during those set pieces and they seemed perfectly fine, including the trajectory of the ball to the head of defender in near post.

I really think the height of the cross from corner depends on the taker and RNG, and not in anything you can set on tactics.

Fair enough. I copied the usual corner tactic out of this version of Blue into my own tactic (and of course moved around the players to match my formation) and I've been scoring one corner goal every 6-8 matches. (about 4-6 per season) I've been trying to find a way to improve that ratio and had some success putting one player attack near post, one player attack far post, 3 stay back and everyone else go forward, with corners aimed near post and floated or whipped.

I have very good aerial players but am lacking a really good corner taker, so it'll be interesting to see what my impression is as my team improves in technicals.

Hi @ZaZ.
Do you have left footed players as LB and right footed on RB? Or do you invert them, like the role is intended?

bjarmeister said: Hi @ZaZ.
Do you have left footed players as LB and right footed on RB? Or do you invert them, like the role is intended?

It doesn't matter, they perform equally well with either foot. They don't cross or shoot enough for the foot to make much of a difference.

Tookajobs said:

Thanks for testing! Keep doing a good job for the community!

ZaZ said: Version with RPM is better for FM-Arena tests, but the difference is smaller than margin of error. In my tests, version with DLP is better, also with a very small difference. I'll be doing more runs to see if the difference is significant. For now, I would recommend anyone to use RPM version.

Yeah. Just like that.

I tested every role. The team keeps winning but my player keeps with the lowest grade (RPM, DLP or DM support).

Whatever DM player keeps with the lowest grade independent of the role.

(sorry for bad english)

treath said: Yeah. Just like that.

I tested every role. The team keeps winning but my player keeps with the lowest grade (RPM, DLP or DM support).

Whatever DM player keeps with the lowest grade independent of the role.

(sorry for bad english)

Ignore the low grades. What matters is win rate, which translates to titles.

The two strikers have considerable scoring power.
A shadow striker with good passing ability gives creativity to tactics by taking about 10 important passes in each match.
The defense is also strong.
However, since the attack power of the wingers is quite dead, those who are expecting the performance of the wingers may not like this tactic.

Thank you so much for making great tactics! :D

Create an account or log in to leave a comment