Markizio said: Your players don't score their chance not because they're still "learning" the tactic but due to many different factors.

Let's say a player has these attributes:

Morale - "Ok"
Conditions - 90%
Decisions - 13
Composure - 13
Finishing - 13

And these attributes values give him scoring chance about 40%

Now imagine, a player has these attributes:

Morale - "Superb"
Conditions - 100%
Decisions - 16
Composure - 16
Finishing - 16

And these attributes values give him scoring chance about 60%

Also, we should take into consideration the opposite GK's "Reflexes" and "One one One"

That's how the game work and if your players don't score their scoring chances then the tactic has nothing to do with it.

So the reason why the same striker(Anthony van den Hurk, Helsingborgs IF in Sweden) managed to score 30+ goals for me on the last patch with a different tactic is just RNG? When I'm playing now, so far, 20 games played(30 in total) he has only scored 9 goals. And I doubt he'll ever get close to over 20 : D I basically got the RNG of a lifetime on my last save? ^_^

Thanks for all the replays explaining tho :) Really appreciated!

Markizio said: LOL... Are you disagreeing about what?

Where did I say that I'm happy with the 1vs1 convertation rate?

I just say that if your player don't score their scoring changes then blaming the tactic would be the stupidest things to do because the tactic has nothing to do with the 1vs1 convertation rate.

P.S. I'm also not happy about the 1vs1 convertation rate.

I thought you were trying to justify strikers missing chances by bringing up their attributes and morale, when in fact it doesn't matter how much composure they have or finishing ability or how happy they are, they will waste simple opportunities by hitting it wide like a sunday league pub player with a hangover or hitting it straight where the goalkeeper is positioned, and the goalies regardless of ability all pull out Neuer esque performances as they save all these 1vs1 chances it ruins the game.

POXZILLA said: I basically got the RNG of a lifetime on my last save? ^_^

Of course, it's the RNG.

FM just consists of the RNG.

The same tactic might easily have 20 points variation at the end of the season.

Or you can play a match and score 0 goals but if you load and play it again you can score 5 goals.

Metal said: it doesn't matter how much composure they have or finishing ability or how happy they are, they will waste simple opportunities by hitting it wide like a sunday league pub player with a hangover or hitting it straight where the goalkeeper is positioned, and the goalies regardless of ability all pull out Neuer esque performances as they save all these 1vs1 chances it ruins the game.

That's not true because it's obvious that the attributes make a difference, it might be not as big as some might expect but still.

Other question is that even with high attributes the 1vs1 convertation rate still look unrealistically poor and that's a valid concern.

POXZILLA said: So the reason why the same striker(Anthony van den Hurk, Helsingborgs IF in Sweden) managed to score 30+ goals for me on the last patch with a different tactic is just RNG? When I'm playing now, so far, 20 games played(30 in total) he has only scored 9 goals. And I doubt he'll ever get close to over 20 : D I basically got the RNG of a lifetime on my last save? ^_^

Thanks for all the replays explaining tho :) Really appreciated!

It also depends a lot on the tactic. Blue usually divides the goals evenly among strikers, shadow striker and to a lesser degree with all other players. Meanwhile, we have some tactics that just concentrate most goals into a single striker at the front. In the end, team goals count more than individual goals, and points per match matters even more than that.

ZaZ said: It also depends a lot on the tactic. Blue usually divides the goals evenly among strikers, shadow striker and to a lesser degree with all other players. Meanwhile, we have some tactics that just concentrate most goals into a single striker at the front. In the end, team goals count more than individual goals, and points per match matters even more than that.

I totally agree with that.

If a tactic is built around one attacker then obviously, this attacker score more goals with this tactic than any other tactic that is built around 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 attackers.

I was just saying that the amount of goals some of your strikers score might greatly vary and that's a lot of RNG in that.

ZaZ said: It also depends a lot on the tactic. Blue usually divides the goals evenly among strikers, shadow striker and to a lesser degree with all other players. Meanwhile, we have some tactics that just concentrate most goals into a single striker at the front. In the end, team goals count more than individual goals, and points per match matters even more than that.

Yea, as long as I'm scoring goals I'm happy, but I really love to see my striker top the leaderboard at the end of the season. And that was something I managed to get from your "Orange" tactic. But at the end of the day, your tactics makes my FM experience a joy, so thanks for that : ]

POXZILLA said: Yea, as long as I'm scoring goals I'm happy, but I really love to see my striker top the leaderboard at the end of the season. And that was something I managed to get from your "Orange" tactic. But at the end of the day, your tactics makes my FM experience a joy, so thanks for that : ]

If you want your striker to top the charts, then this tactic won't do. I was going to post an upgrade of Green another day that manages to get lots of goals into the striker, but then someone posted this tactic with almost the same roles and instructions (it uses AF instead). I can still post it there if you wanna use it, even if it won't be tested, but I suppose you can just use that one that was already tested.

I'll use Blue for now. I got some really great results now, so I don't wanna swap tactics just yet. But thanks for the advice, I'll download Positive Tiki Taka and maybe try it on another save!

Weird though because my stikers perform well.

POXZILLA said: I'll use Blue for now. I got some really great results now, so I don't wanna swap tactics just yet. But thanks for the advice, I'll download Positive Tiki Taka and maybe try it on another save!

ZaZ said: If you want your striker to top the charts, then this tactic won't do. I was going to post an upgrade of Green another day that manages to get lots of goals into the striker, but then someone posted this tactic with almost the same roles and instructions (it uses AF instead). I can still post it there if you wanna use it, even if it won't be tested, but I suppose you can just use that one that was already tested.

Can you upload this to maybe try? :)

Hey Zaz do you think its possible to make the training schedules downloadable? Or shall I  just look at OP and copy?

ihowardy said: Can you upload this to maybe try? :)

There it is. Gonna update the page too in case other people get interested, but it won't get tested.

Guidito said: Hey Zaz do you think its possible to make the training schedules downloadable? Or shall I  just look at OP and copy?

It's pretty simple to create a schedule, so I prefer to keep the images so people on consoles can use them too. The annoying part isn't creating or loading the training schedule, but assigning it to the entire year.

ZaZ - Green 3.0.fmf
Downloaded : 236 times
Uploaded : Dec 27, 2021

Which one is the best, rpm or dm?

Using the DLP version with two slight tweaks. Wingers on support instead of DW's but with max pressing set, also removed hard tackling from everyone.

So far played 15 or so games only 1 league defeat, won the rest.

Ucan said: Which one is the best, rpm or dm?

RPM and DM are the same, just different names. It's just because it doesn't make sense to call DM when Blue 3.0 also uses DM.

ADR88 said: Using the DLP version with two slight tweaks. Wingers on support instead of DW's but with max pressing set, also removed hard tackling from everyone.

So far played 15 or so games only 1 league defeat, won the rest.

Good job there! I'm currently testing different support roles instead of DW, like WM and W, so light version can have all roles with ease off tackles (which DW doesn't allow).

oh i see thank you for information

Hey @ZaZ, apologies if you've answered this but what would you recommend I do if the DW gets a card early in the game? Is there a role that is similar to the DW which won't ruin the tactic but would allow me to ease off tackles? Otherwise I spend the whole game just bricking it that my winger is about to axe someone and get his second yellow.

keadude said: Hey @ZaZ, apologies if you've answered this but what would you recommend I do if the DW gets a card early in the game? Is there a role that is similar to the DW which won't ruin the tactic but would allow me to ease off tackles? Otherwise I spend the whole game just bricking it that my winger is about to axe someone and get his second yellow.

That's what I'm testing right now, which role is better to replace DW so you can easily change from tackle harder to ease off tackles. I'll give the answer when tests are done.

ZaZ said: That's what I'm testing right now, which role is better to replace DW so you can easily change from tackle harder to ease off tackles. I'll give the answer when tests are done.

That's great. Thanks for the reply. Also... do you reckon the ratings you've done for Genie Scout (in the opening post) could be translated at all to FMRTE? They have a ratings system in that too but it seems to be a lot different to Genie Scout.

keadude said: That's great. Thanks for the reply. Also... do you reckon the ratings you've done for Genie Scout (in the opening post) could be translated at all to FMRTE? They have a ratings system in that too but it seems to be a lot different to Genie Scout.

I have never used FMRTE, so I have no clue. =)

ZaZ said: That's what I'm testing right now, which role is better to replace DW so you can easily change from tackle harder to ease off tackles. I'll give the answer when tests are done.

I really don't think there's much choice, Wingers look like the only option.

Bogeyman said: I really don't think there's much choice, Wingers look like the only option.

Still, I want to run a test with all roles (Winger, Wide Midfielder, Wide Playmaker and Inverted Winger) in both Support and Attacking Duties.

ZaZ said: Still, I want to run a test with all roles (Winger, Wide Midfielder, Wide Playmaker and Inverted Winger) in both Support and Attacking Duties.

I think WM will do the job

ta2199 said: I think WM will do the job

if you test on holiday or similar method where the assistant manager picks the team or do the subs then WM is quite confusing for him, usually, he pick slow players with high teamwork and work rate for WM but slow players work poorly in this ME. Also, I've been noticing he often picks players for WM with opposite preferred foot to the flank.

Bogeyman said: if you test on holiday or similar method where the assistant manager picks the team or do the subs then WM is quite confusing for him, usually, he pick slow players with high teamwork and work rate for WM but slow players work poorly in this ME. Also, I've been noticing he often picks players for WM with opposite preferred foot to the flank.

Spot on, one of the reasons I dropped the Liverpool test because the AM was always chucking Milner in as the LM

Bogeyman said: if you test on holiday or similar method where the assistant manager picks the team or do the subs then WM is quite confusing for him, usually, he pick slow players with high teamwork and work rate for WM but slow players work poorly in this ME. Also, I've been noticing he often picks players for WM with opposite preferred foot to the flank.

My custom testing league is explained in the first post. It might not be perfect, but it's giving me more accuracy than before, specially with my new scoring system. As far as results go, I don't think assistant manager is making such a big difference.

ZaZ said: My custom testing league is explained in the first post. It might not be perfect, but it's giving me more accuracy than before, specially with my new scoring system. As far as results go, I don't think assistant manager is making such a big difference.

The AM might make a significant difference if a tactic has some confusing roles like Wide Midfielders and Attacking Midfielders because he pick players according with the most important attributes for a role.

For instance, here's how important attributes looks for Wide Midfielder and as you can see there's no Acceleration or Pace among them:

So if you test ZaZ - Blue DM with Arsenal and you use DWs then the assistant manager picks Smith Rowe

and if you use WMs then the assistant manager picks Odegaard who is much slower but in the AM's eyes his is better as WM than Smith Rowe

Here's another example.

When the assistant manager picks players for Deep Lying Playmaker role then he always pick slow players because there's no Acceleration or Pace among important attributes for the role

But we know how Acceleration, Pace and Dribbling important in this ME but some roles just don't have these attributes among important attributes so if your tactic has such roles and the assistant manager picks the team then it might have a significant impact on the result.

ZaZ said: There it is. Gonna update the page too in case other people get interested, but it won't get tested.

It's pretty simple to create a schedule, so I prefer to keep the images so people on consoles can use them too. The annoying part isn't creating or loading the training schedule, but assigning it to the entire year.

That very cool bro.

I test on Lower league 1 Season, Manage by my self is Unbeaten

Create an account or log in to leave a comment