Date: 14.03.2022
Test #2
Test #3
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to show

Hello,

I have been looking at rejuvenating some of my FM21 tactics and the next tactic on my list was El Phenomenon.  I didn't post it on here but I did on base (https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/el-phenomenon-4132-won-the-league-with-fiorentina-100-pts-predicted-7th.2669/) Tookajobs also did a video on it

I've tweaked the tactic as to what I feel works in FM22 in terms of TIs and roles. The tactic is defensively strong and scores quite a lot. Don't expect to dominate possession as the tactic is based on quick transitions. Its an aggressive tactic so expect yellows. you can removed tackle harder from the PIs but you'll lose the disruptiveness that this PI brings. NO EDITORS USED

As I do with all my tactics, I holiday test them leaving the AM in charge of team selection and general training. I don't have them doing individual training as I've found that they train the players in roles that aren't being used in the tactic. For this testing I used Fulham, PSG, Villa and Celta. I will be aiming to test with more teams.

I'll start with Fulham, who finished the league undefeated. Yes that's 46 games no losses. 34 wins and 12 draws. It matched the record for games won, broke the record for games without losing and most points in a season (although it doesn't show on the below screenshot, the previous record was 106, we achieved 114)

Mitrovic scored 44 goals and and 145 goals scored in all comps. I believe this tactic got the best of the team with 3 players topping the average rating chart

On to PSG, I know it's an easy league, but its good to see how it performs with an elite team. Won everything with PSG, Mbappe scored 71 goals in all comps and we beat Barca 6 - 0 in the CL final.

Villa were predicted 11th pre season, but we managed to get 5th and European football. Side note on this one, Matty Cash must've broke the record for yellow cards in one season, he had 18 yellows and 3 reds, its definitely worth sticking ease off tackles on him!

Celta Vigo were predicted 10th but we achieved a 3rd place finish and European football. Aspas (41) and Mina (39) scored 80 goals between them. We finished 5 points off 1st place and we were runners up in the Spanish cup.

Again the tactic is very aggressive so expect cards. I would suggest also training the player in the roles you are wanting to play them in. follow this guide to improve familiarity https://fm-arena.com/thread/1520-tactic-familiarity/ (it still works) Once familiar then train how you see fit

Will test with some other teams and post the results

Thanks

Newcastle predicted 8th, finished 4th

Hellas Verona predicted 15th, finished 2nd!!!!

Took too many goals behind my CBS. Through balls are a huge problem.

crizeKOS said: Took too many goals behind my CBS. Through balls are a huge problem.

What team are you? You will concede goals because of the very attacking mentality and with the IWBs on attacking duty

15th with norwich is good but not excellent

Filer974 said: 15th with norwich is good but not excellent

Predicted 20th? Holiday test?

Holiday mode yes its3good but with Tiki Taka positive https://fm-arena.com/attachment/11849/

Filer974 said: Holiday mode yes its3good but with Tiki Taka positive https://fm-arena.com/attachment/11849/

Sorry I don't follow what you mean?

I mean it's a good ranking with Norwich but not an extraordinary ranking either. I try all the tactics of this site with Norwich, it's easy to be champion with Liverpool, City, United or Chelsea but a good ranking with Norwich is more complicated. I just wanted to say that with positive tiki taka I qualified with Norwich in the European Cup. But I repeat that with your tactics, 15th is good

This is not a criticism of your tactics, I know how difficult it is to find the perfect balance. I did the Evidence tactic and with teams like Norwich I don't have a better ranking

Filer974 said: This is not a criticism of your tactics, I know how difficult it is to find the perfect balance. I did the Evidence tactic and with teams like Norwich I don't have a better ranking

Don't worry, I haven't seen it as a criticism and you're free to do your own testing. I'm just running a test now with Norwich to see how it fares, what you said makes sense in regards to testing with elite clubs

ok, I will do a test again with norwich in a few hours and I will publish the results

AM in charge of general training and team selection, holiday test. No editors used

Well I wasn't expecting a 5 :shock:

CBP87 said: Well I wasn't expecting a 5 :shock:

Nice score!

But unfortunately, it's very hard to find a team that fits this formation. Most team have Inside Forwards and Wingers and they don't have enough central midfielders, especially, very quality central midfielders so I doubt it'll be very popular :(

Sandro said: Nice score!

But unfortunately, it's very hard to find a team that fits this formation. Most team have Inside Forwards and Wingers and they don't have enough central midfielders, especially, very quality central midfielders so I doubt it'll be very popular :(

Not so sure about that pal, I mean I've tested it with multiple teams and it did better than pre season prediction, with the likes of Villa and PSG they have very strong wide players but it still did very well. I suppose its personal preference, I'm using this in one of my saves and I sold all the wide players and brought in work horses for the midfield roles (Bissouma is fantastic by the way). Messi mostly played as the right sided Mez in the PSG save

CBP87 said: Not so sure about that pal, I mean I've tested it with multiple teams and it did better than pre season prediction, with the likes of Villa and PSG they have very strong wide players but it still did very well. I suppose its personal preference, I'm using this in one of my saves and I sold all the wide players and brought in work horses for the midfield roles (Bissouma is fantastic by the way). Messi mostly played as the right sided Mez in the PSG save

No doubts, it's a great tactic and you'll do better that the prediction with any team.

I just tell my experience. I would bother with an "exotic" formation only if it promises a head above result than any other tactics and I think most people also think that way. I really wanted to try this tactic but it's was hard to find a team that fits it. I found few teams that somehow fits it, I mean they had enough central midfielders but even that the central midfielders were a way worse than the wingers or inside forwards. Also, it's obvious that speed matters a lot in FM but there're very few fast central midfielders in the game.

Once more, it's a great tactic, unfortunately, the formation is a bit exotic.

El Phenomenon Mez

Updated El Phenomenon 4132 to El Phenomenon Mez

Changes -

Roles -

AF to TF

Mentality changed to positive

Tested with PSG and West Ham, AM in charge of general training and team selection. No editors used.

PSG won everything, remained unbeaten in all comps. Scoring 230 goals in all comps, Icardi top scoring with 44 goals. Ball retention was good achieving 2nd highest possession and pass completion in the league

West Ham finished 3rd in the league, I believe they are predicted 9th. Scoring over 120 goals in all comps

Create an account or log in to leave a comment