How to use assistant manager for picking your team?

by nijak05, Feb 20, 2022

Hi guys.
Could you give me some insight into how you use your AM the most effectively.
I usually pick my team myself - but sometimes he suggest changes to some different positions - what’s is this based on and how much should I trust it?
I would guess Is it based on his jpa, the players training during the week etc - but how trustworthy is it ? And do you accept the changes or just disregard them?

Thanks

Don't trust him.

Usually I used him as a preference. And then base on that I change some position to keep my squad happy (for example, if I promise some players to give him more playing time then a would start him for a few matches, etc.
Anyway there is a tool on FMscout can help you pick best squad and rotate squad.

ZaZ said: Don't trust him.

Then how do you choose which players to choose ?

nijak05 said: Then how do you choose which players to choose ?

What do you mean? Check the attributes, fatigue, condition, matches without playing, schedule and so on. You said you usually pick the team yourself, so just keep doing it. Assistant manager isn't reliable and often makes poor decisions. Also, he can't see the "long run", so he won't think about prioritizing one match over the next or resting a player with heavy match load, for example. He also often picks players out of position.

ZaZ said: What do you mean? Check the attributes, fatigue, condition, matches without playing, schedule and so on. You said you usually pick the team yourself, so just keep doing it. Assistant manager isn't reliable and often makes poor decisions. Also, he can't see the "long run", so he won't think about prioritizing one match over the next or resting a player with heavy match load, for example. He also often picks players out of position.

It was more if I could rely on his jca under squad depth to see who should be my first pick etc.. fx ansu fati is my best winger but has been the most inconsistent compared to others with a lower ability .. or if I should trust the player and keep giving them chances to perform.I try to warn them if they have played badly etc.. just trying to learn what you good fm players do:)

nijak05 said: It was more if I could rely on his jca under squad depth to see who should be my first pick etc.. fx ansu fati is my best winger but has been the most inconsistent compared to others with a lower ability .. or if I should trust the player and keep giving them chances to perform.I try to warn them if they have played badly etc.. just trying to learn what you good fm players do:)

I'm pretty sure he uses role ability to make the list for squad depth, and that has no impact on performance at all. It's just cosmetic based on important attributes for the role, preferred foot and so on, but tests show that analysis is bad. For example, they only give good stars for IWB, If or IW with reverse foot, but footing makes barely any difference for those roles.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment