Leading Leeds To The Promised Land

by Penaldo, May 3, 2022

Got bored with my old save of simulating 20 years in the future and then playing the prem team with the biggest fall off so here's my new save (shoutout ZaZ for the text format and his great tactics) so therefore gonna play a journey from taking Leeds United from a team fighting relegation to Champions League glory (Hopefully). Results will be posted here after each ten or so games. The team chosen was Leeds United, from the Prem. I chose them because of the large history they have as a club whilst having a sub par team for the league that they are in relying heavily on Bielsa's high press and pressure tactics. Tactics used will be Positive Tiki Taka CM's Attack (s/o Geek for the tactic https://fm-arena.com/tactic/2674-positive-tiki-taka-cms-attack/) as it's the highest scoring tactic using what I would consider a realistic or regular shape that teams in the prem or top 5 leagues would use and makes the most of having a strong midfield duo/trio and there will a limit of 10 games per day just to keep my interest in the save up so their is no burnout.

For this season, I expect to be challenge for a European spot this year, since there are some quality players in the Leeds side such as Raphinha, alongside young talent like Gelddhart and ofc players like Dan James with his crazy pace which is great for the match engine. On top of this I should be able to ship out any deadwood from the club meaning I'll be able to mould the team the way I like. Media prediction was 12th.

Also for transfers I want to make it semi realistic so I will be using youtube videos that go through recommendations of players that Leeds should sign/sell as well as other fm youtubers guides on players they would sell or buy or other content creators rebuilds/careers of Leeds and who they sold and bought into the club as well as having a shortlist of wonderkids who I can also use to get the best of both worlds I'll link all the videos below and would suggest checking out all the creators if you enjoy both FM and Football as I watch all these creators in my own time and they are all a joy to watch

James Lawrence Allcott -  ONE TRANSFER EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB NEEDS TO MAKE IN JANUARY

ONE PLAYER EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB MUST SELL IN JANUARY

Statman Dave - 1 January Transfer YOUR Premier League Club NEEDS

Thogden - 1 Player Every Premier League Club Needs to SELL

One Transfer Every Premier League Club Needs in January

1 PLAYER EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB SHOULD'VE SIGNED

One Summer Transfer Every Premier League Club Needs

1 Player Every Premier League Club Needs to SELL

Sky Sports/Football Daily/Euro Football Daily - 3 SIGNINGS THAT WILL TAKE LEEDS INTO EUROPE

1 Player EVERY Premier League Club MUST Sign! ✍️ | Saturday Social ft Rory Jennings & Paul Machin

1 PLAYER EACH PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB NEEDS TO SELL IN THE SUMMER! | #WNTT

PLAYER EACH PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB NEEDS TO SIGN IN JANUARY! | #WNTT

Tifo Football - Sensible Transfers: Leeds United

Rasco FM - LEEDS UNITED TRANSFER GUIDE FM22 | 3 Signings & 3 Sales | Football Manager 2022 Team Guide

Nik FM - FM 22 Leeds United Transfer Guide | Football Manager 2022

Northen Corey - Rebuilding Leeds United - FM22 Rebuild - Football Manager 2022

Hood Gaming - FM22 LEEDS UNITED REBUILD

So from these videos the players I have decided to transfer list/ look to move on are; Liam Cooper, Rodrigo and Crysencio Summerville and below I'll show a shortlist of all the players who were mentioned for Leeds to look at signing

S/O WorkTheSpace for the wonderkid shortlist from this video

S/O RDFTactics for the training schedules

Here at the start of the save is the clubs info including finances, facilities, squad and best player.

lol... that's a lot of vids here :)

Create an account or log in to leave a comment