Blades Of Glory - Sheff Utd. Save

by Pumpkin, May 13, 2022

First time post on here but I'm starting a new save with Sheffield United who are in the championship and have key players like Rhian Brewster, Jayden Bogle and more. The clubs has good finances and some great young pieces who I hope to get promoted with and then build on once we reach the prem (hopefully in the 2nd season) as we are predicted 3rd at the very start of the save. To maximise performance I will be using ZaZ Blue 4.0 as my tactic throughout the duration of the save. I will be posting here after every few games or maybe if I have a big result or a big transfer to keep this thread in the loop of how the save is going and to make sure I stick to one save but hopefully this is the start of a great future dynasty

First update of the save and pre season has treated us well with wins of 4-2, 5-0, 6-0 and 7-0 but these are against some not so great sides but wins are wins

Transfer news wise I'm trying to get rid of pretty much most people over the age of 28 but I'm only offering out those who are happy to leave as want to keep morale up for this season and more clubs will want my players after the end of this first season anyway so not to fussed how quickly the deadwood is cleared from the squad and trying to get a squad of around 22 players so 2 XI's  but so far I've signed 2 players and sold 1.

The player sold was John Egan 28 year old CB to Brighton for 7.5m he was a pretty good player for the championship and would have helped the squad but I think I can get a younger player with more potential but same ability for cheaper than I sold him for so that was the reason for selling him.

The first signing for the blades was Ransford-Yeboah Konigsdorffer for 1.3m a striker with a lot of potential but also a pretty solid player at the start with stats like 15 dribbling and 14 first touch but finishing needs work so I'm going to try loan him out to develop him for the season.

The other signing I made was Tim Ronning GK from IF Elfsborg in Sweden as our GK's werent that good and Ronning is a very solid younger GK I could get without breaking the bank

Halfway point in the first season and happy to say we are top of the championship. This didn't come as easily as I hoped as we opened the season with a loss and then after a streak of wins had a tough patches with a lot of draws and losses in games where we created a lot more chance than our opponents but the ship has straightened up and we are currently on a 10 game win streak in the league. George Baldock from RB has had the highest average rating at a 7.51 playing as a IWB and Rhian Brewster has topped the scoring with 15 league goals so far playing as an Advanced Forward

Sadly we were knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the 4th round by Birmingham City in a disappointing loss but we are still alive in the FA Cup with an upcoming game against Reading in the 3rd round

Some more transfer news I picked up two youngster who were transfer listed, Salvatore Esposito for 2.5m a dm who may get loaned for the remainder of the season or might be rotating with Sander Berge in the roaming playmaker role if Norwood is sold in January and Julio Martinez who I bought for 200k as his value/price said 2m but when asking his agent the club only wanted 200k so hopefully that wasn't just a visual glitch and I can loan him out and sell him on for profit sometime in the future as I dont think he's prem quality just yet and will probably take to long to develop compared to the players I can look to bring in

Hala Sheffield!!!

We are Sky Bet Championship champions winning it in dramatic fashion on the last day with a come from behind draw to give us a 1 point league win over Bournemouth. Oli McBurnie was electric the 2nd half of the season becoming the league's top scorer with a goal tally of 22 goals despite being on the transfer list. Our form at the end of the season was worrying but all that matters is we got over the line now looking forward to the Prem with our new 32m transfer budget to go with the 775k wage budget

Create an account or log in to leave a comment