Test #3
Date: 05.01.2023
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Water is a high intensity defensive tactic based on Fire, but with wingers and attacking midfielder dropped to a deeper position. For tips and extra information, check the Fire thread.

The tactic scores most goals from inside the box with advanced forwards, and assists come mostly from wide midfielders.

Water 5.0
Version used in my public run. It's the same as 4.2, but with wing backs narrow like the tactic from @opq, and pass directness set to short since it shows better results for goal difference here.

I also set a light version to be used when you want to preserve energy and avoid bookings. It is attached to this message.

Water 4.2
Back to a minimalistic approach, to measure the impact of the removal of Get Stuck In (as suggested by the admins).

Water 4.0
Adapted to play more through the flanks like the top tactics from the table, since dribbling has higher success rate in this match engine, and passing has lower accuracy.

I will add pictures to console players during the next few days.

Changelog Water 4.1
Set crosses to near post, to increase goal scoring opportunities, and wingback to FB-At, to participate more in attacking movements.

Water 3.6 WBIF
IWB -> WB and W -> IF, in the minimalistic approach. My goal is to check if IWB has anti-synergy with two DMs, or with wingers that run wide with the ball. I believe it's the later, but I need to check in different formations to confirm.

Water 3.5
Same setup as Fire 2.5.

Water 3.1
Same setup as Fire 2.4.

Water 3.0

Water 1.0

Water 2.0

Leave a comment below if you liked the tactic and make sure to share your results. Enjoy!

ZaZ - Water 5.0 Light.fmf
Downloaded : 198 times
Uploaded : Jan 7, 2023

first match no knowledge of tactics and this happens! :shock:

Hi Zaz was a big fan of Blue, your training and all your other help and advice. Will try this out tonight!

Well done @ZaZ I didn't get to this one. You are amazing at developing tactics mate. We all appreciate all the time and effort you put in.

Thanks, @keithb and @Mark! I'm glad to have you around here too!

So @ZaZ this happened today, started using light at 30 mins non-stop highlights.

You absolute legend!!!

OpticFawn said: So @ZaZ this happened today, started using light at 30 mins non-stop highlights.

You absolute legend!!!

Good job there! Nice to see it working!

Hi guys, can anyone maybe screenshot the player instructions for the 2 volante midfielders for console users? I guess the instructions for the wingers are the same as in the Fire tactic, right?

hey zaz, does it matter who take the corners? btw my has score 13 goals from coreners in 20 leaegue game

@ZaZ, do you find the AI managers have become much tougher in FM23?

tzahy said: hey zaz, does it matter who take the corners? btw my has score 13 goals from coreners in 20 leaegue game

Just put best taker, unless it's one of the defenders. =p

Chewbacca said: @ZaZ, do you find the AI managers have become much tougher in FM23?

To be fair, I don't see much of a difference. It was harder last year during this same time. It just happens that we didn't have time to find the tricks to make the best tactics yet.

So it was second season with Arsenal, starting eleven is the same players who start at the club plus Moukoko. We won the league, third last season, and the Champions League after some very high-scoring games and an extra-time win over City in the quarters. Great tactic, look forward to what you come up with in time @ZaZ !!!

Hi @ZaZ  thanks for the tactics always follow them, can you make available the file of your training schedules? thanks

andrealves10 said: Hi @ZaZ  thanks for the tactics always follow them, can you make available the file of your training schedules? thanks

You can find in the first post of Fire. There is a link in the top.

Hi @ZaZ  The important attributes you posted in Fire are the same for all your  tactics? because i saw that water are higher than fire atm

ZaZ said: You can find in the first post of Fire. There is a link in the top.

Sjel said: Hi @ZaZ  The important attributes you posted in Fire are the same for all your  tactics? because i saw that water are higher than fire atm

Until further testing from FM-Arena or other sources, I assume it is still the same as last year.

Hi @ZaZ thanks for tactics, Water and Fire are both working really well for me. Top of National League South with Oxford City.

I am having massive problems closing out games. I try subs and changing mentality but the amount of 2 or 3 goal leads I have thrown away is crazy... Any tips?

Pip said: Hi @ZaZ thanks for tactics, Water and Fire are both working really well for me. Top of National League South with Oxford City.

I am having massive problems closing out games. I try subs and changing mentality but the amount of 2 or 3 goal leads I have thrown away is crazy... Any tips?

Most useful tips are in the first post of Fire. Did you check there already?

ZaZ said: Most useful tips are in the first post of Fire. Did you check there already?

Yes I did, follow those tips most of the time. I think it may have been a morale issue. I will keep tinkering and see if anything improves! Thanks

Pip said: Yes I did, follow those tips most of the time. I think it may have been a morale issue. I will keep tinkering and see if anything improves! Thanks

Your players are probably getting nervous, especially if you are overachieving. Try to relieve their pressure somehow during team talk or with shouts. For example, you can say before the match that there is no pressure, then tell them individually that you have faith on them. When you are winning by the end, praise them as much as possible.

Hello ,could you post screenshots of the tactics? I'm on fm touch. thank you

Done and what a season!
good tactics with a lot of goals and nice offensive play :)

So, this is the fire tactic defensive improvement. Nice!

crizeKOS said: So, this is the fire tactic defensive improvement. Nice!

no, water 442 tactic :)

Ah, I'm sorry, u r right. I hope someone tweak Fire coz it scored tons of goals despite being defensive fragile.

Been using this tactic in the Welsh second division with Swansea University and have been having good success. It's very difficult to find players at this level that are perfect for the tactic (and those I do get snatched quickly because all my players are on amateur contracts!), but so far so good.

With five games left in the season, I'm 3 points ahead of the second-place team. It's a dogfight, with four teams within 4 points of one another.

Hoping I carry on to the end, but there's some tough matches ahead!

I will say though, my strikers are goal machines! They're not the greatest on paper, but they're playing well. The tactic also has decent secondary scoring from both defensive midfielders.

Thanks for this!

crizeKOS said: Ah, I'm sorry, u r right. I hope someone tweak Fire coz it scored tons of goals despite being defensive fragile.

I'm working in a new version of Wind, which means the shape is 4123, but any good thing from there might also work on Fire. However, I'm also keeping an eye on the results from FM-Arena for instructions.

cerud said: Been using this tactic in the Welsh second division with Swansea University and have been having good success. It's very difficult to find players at this level that are perfect for the tactic (and those I do get snatched quickly because all my players are on amateur contracts!), but so far so good.

With five games left in the season, I'm 3 points ahead of the second-place team. It's a dogfight, with four teams within 4 points of one another.

Hoping I carry on to the end, but there's some tough matches ahead!

I will say though, my strikers are goal machines! They're not the greatest on paper, but they're playing well. The tactic also has decent secondary scoring from both defensive midfielders.

Thanks for this!

Well, I got promoted on the final day to the Welsh top league! It could of gone to three different teams on the day.

Great tactic! Hope to see it developed.

which is better? fire o water?

@ZaZ can I ask how you test tactics? I have a good pc and like trying to build tactics, not very well, but am trying to learn from bits and pieces I pick up - mainly from you and kanp. But when running tests I notice all my players need a rest and cant help but feel this makes testing........ inconsistent? No worries if you'd rather not disclose this, thanks for all the tactics and your help .

Create an account or log in to leave a comment