FM23 Problem: Marking/Tackling is almost useless compare to Pace/Acceleration even on CB's

by nPwka, Dec 17, 2022

Hello! Inspired by fm-arena testing attributes tables, I wanted to do my own testing.
I pickuped team(Premier division England) and make few seasons holiday simulations(after season end I load save and start it again from the same date).
Same tactic, same players, only one difference.
In first example I decreased both Pace and Acceleration by 4, and increased Marking and Tackling by 4, then freeze the players by editor.
In second example I decreased both Marking and Tackling by 4, and increased Pace and Acceleration by 4,  then freeze the players by editor.
Here is results:
1) first CB 6.99 season rating, second CB 6.66 season rating.
2)first CB 7.15 season rating, second CB 6.85 season rating.

Sad  to see all of that in the game, where all talking about realism. I understand, Pace and Acceleration usefull stats for every role, but then make this stats essential for every role and every player (green light on stats view), because today green stats for BPD Marking and Tackling useless compare to this. CB's with Tackling and Marking 9 and 10, playing better than Tackling 17 and 18 Marking CB's in Premier league ? Cmon

Final player stats:
1 test: Marking 18 Tackling 17 Pace 11 Acceleration 10
2 test: Marking 10 Tackling 9 Pace 19 Acceleration 18

Create an account or log in to leave a comment