Tactic intensity value on testing result table

by o c, Jan 17, 2023

Would it be possible to add the intensity level of a tactic to the results table?

It could be a %, or even just LOW-MED-HIGH. You could also add a filter on the table to show only LOW or MED intensity tactics.

It would be nice to be able to identify tactics that perform well that don't require very high intensity, without having to look at screenshots of every tactic.

o c said: Would it be possible to add the intensity level of a tactic to the results table?
I can say that it isn't something that will be implemented in the near future as it would take quite a lot of effort to implement but the benefits are very dubious.

Fair enough, no worries

I've never really looked at a tactic and changed my mind about using it based on intensity. So many other factors before that.

o c said: Would it be possible to add the intensity level of a tactic to the results table?

It could be a %, or even just LOW-MED-HIGH. You could also add a filter on the table to show only LOW or MED intensity tactics.

It would be nice to be able to identify tactics that perform well that don't require very high intensity, without having to look at screenshots of every tactic.

Unfortunately all the best tactics require very high intensity, that's how the match engine works and it's been like that since the last 3 or 4 editions of the game. It wasn't always like that, I remember on FM 16 there's was an amazing tactic called Eusebio, it was a very popular tactic and used lower tempo and normal pressing and you could destroy your opponents.

Mark Tighter said: Unfortunately all the best tactics require very high intensity, that's how the match engine works and it's been like that since the last 3 or 4 editions of the game.

That makes sense, what I was thinking of was seeing if someone can come up with a tactic with a lower intensity that at least goes positive in terms of win/loss that you can swap to once you are a few goals up against weaker opposition. But for sure I agree that in this FM the best High intensity tactics will always be better than the best Lower intensity tactics

o c said: That makes sense, what I was thinking of was seeing if someone can come up with a tactic with a lower intensity that at least goes positive in terms of win/loss that you can swap to once you are a few goals up against weaker opposition. But for sure I agree that in this FM the best High intensity tactics will always be better than the best Lower intensity tactics

Not only in this FM, as I said before it's like that since the last 3 or 4 editions of the game, it's been like that since the Gegenpress style became fashionable. Anyway good luck in finding an effective low intensity tactic, I also hope to find a low intensity tactic that perfoms very well like the Eusebio tactic did in FM16 using lower tempo and normal pressing.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment