Do something more effective instead testing same tactics!

by Wigo, Jan 17, 2023

guys, this is an amazing forum and a great community all of you are doing amazing work. creating, testing and sharing knowledge. But am i the only one who gets a bit tired of just only see the test of the same tactics with almost the same formations and getting points between 53 and 59 for the last few weeks? I truly doubt that before new patch someone will break the record of points and new patch will be in next 2 weeks! so maybe for those two weeks we can finish other things like Attributes for players... some import still dind tested or goalkeepers attributes... maybe set focus on set pieces? i mean we can do something good until next patch will come :)

Wigo said: I truly doubt that before new patch someone will break the record of points and new patch will be in next 2 weeks!

No one, except the developers, knows when the next patch comes out, it might few weeks or few months.

Also, there might be no M.E. changes at all in the future patches.

It happened very often in the past that after December there weren't any M.E. changes or they were insignificant.

So the current M.E. might be the final M.E. for FM23.

Lapidus said: No one, except the developers, knows when the next patch comes out, it might few weeks or few months.

Also, there might be no M.E. changes at all.

It happened very often in the past that after December there weren't any M.E. changes or they were insignificant.

So the current M.E. might be the final M.E. for FM23.

there is always patch after january transfer window... but yeah sometimes ME its not changing...

Wigo said: there is always patch after january transfer window... but yeah sometimes ME its not changing...

The previous year the winter transfer patch come out 24 February so we're are like more than 1 month away from the next patch.

Usually, the end of February - early March is when the winter transfer patch comes out and it's rarely it has any significant M.E. changes.

Also, no one is preventing *you* from posting tactics or suggesting stuff/experiment that *you* are interested in, but to the best of my knowledge, you arent the "Head of Strategic Tactic Testing at FM-Arena". There is a fair system in place to make sure everyone gets a chance to test its tactics, be it a brand new one or a small tweak, and I dont see why you are getting mad at people using it to try to understand better how the match engine works.
And despite what you think, after a few weeks capped at 60, we (as a community) had 2 tactics reaching 61 last week, meaning there is still room to improve on these tactics, as well as on others.
Then, there would be less small tweak requests if the FM-Arena core save file would be made available to everyone, but Zippo(&others?) decided not to release it, thus we cant test stuff in private until we find something trully working on FM-Arena database.
Finally, if you aren't aware of it, there are a number of things working better on FM-Arena that are worst on other testing league database, and vice-versa, meaning it's sometimes hard to predict if a tactic will be a 57 or a 61, without even considering the rng. I can however assure you that you'll do great in your save by downloading any 57+ (and even less) tactics, and the difference is more fake than you think, despite some thinking only 60 and 61 ones are worth anything.

Tomaka said: Also, no one is preventing *you* from posting tactics or suggesting stuff/experiment that *you* are interested in, but to the best of my knowledge, you arent the "Head of Strategic Tactic Testing at FM-Arena". There is a fair system in place to make sure everyone gets a chance to test its tactics, be it a brand new one or a small tweak, and I dont see why you are getting mad at people using it to try to understand better how the match engine works.
And despite what you think, after a few weeks capped at 60, we (as a community) had 2 tactics reaching 61 last week, meaning there is still room to improve on these tactics, as well as on others.
Then, there would be less small tweak requests if the FM-Arena core save file would be made available to everyone, but Zippo(&others?) decided not to release it, thus we cant test stuff in private until we find something trully working on FM-Arena database.
Finally, if you aren't aware of it, there are a number of things working better on FM-Arena that are worst on other testing league database, and vice-versa, meaning it's sometimes hard to predict if a tactic will be a 57 or a 61, without even considering the rng. I can however assure you that you'll do great in your save by downloading any 57+ (and even less) tactics, and the difference is more fake than you think, despite some thinking only 60 and 61 ones are worth anything.

im not mad at all mate :) my english is not my birth language and i was trying to make the post as positive as i can... i am just suggesting maybe to concentrate for other things for a while couse in my p[ersonal opinion tactics not improving as much as it was before and maybe its better to focus on other game areas to improve.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment