Route One, Wing Play, Direct CA, Catenaccio and Park the Bus

by hoofball, Mar 6, 2023

Is it possible to get good results with these tactical styles? All 'good tactics' have a short pass or press much more(In fact, most have both).
I want to succeed with the tactics that the computer recognizes me in the tactical style mentioned above.
Can I get help with this?

hoofball said: Is it possible to get good results with these tactical styles? All 'good tactics' have a short pass or press much more(In fact, most have both).
I want to succeed with the tactics that the computer recognizes me in the tactical style mentioned above.
Can I get help with this?

Define what you mean when you say "good results" ?

If you bring in your team the best players in the game like Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Haaland and so on then you can win any domestic league even using a very average tactic or even a poor tactic. In other words with such incredible team you can use any tactic.

But if you manage a weak team and you want to overachieve as high as possible then you need to use the most effective tactic in the game and obviously, "Route One, Wing Play, Direct CA, Catenaccio and Park the Bus" styles aren't the most effective styles in the game.

I like to play defensive or direct football in some of my saves, but I always get to a point were I can no longer progress up the table with such playstyles. You can inject some features of hoofball into your tactic, like aiming for a target forward, using more crosses, lofted crosses, early crossing on fullbacks etc, but keeping the rest of the tactic more META. I also like having short/standard passing team instructions, and give certain individual players more direct passing so that the team in general plays good short passing football, but certain players hoof it up as they see fit.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment