Who will score more?

by Chriswin4, Mar 28, 2023

Have been using the information on this website to try and get players to outperform what you would expect from the ME using weighted attributes, however I've never quite been able to get it right with my strikers.

I've finally got a selection I like, and I'd like to share my formation with you all and ask which striker do you think will score most in the system?

Thanks everyone!

@Chriswin4, I would picked Selahattin Yildirim as the 1st choice

and my 2nd choice would be Robbie Lee

Based on Genie Scout ratings, ykykyky has very little between R Lee and C Geiles, with R Lee a fraction of a point in front and the other 2 well back. My own MDW ratings have R Lee in front by 7 points from C Geiles.

ykykyky

170.38 R Lee
169.66 C Geiles
158.11 S Yildirim
151.11 E Manfredini

MDW22

172.24 R Lee
165.12 C Geiles
157.36 S Yildirim
149.12 E Manfredini

Clearly ratings don't always mean a better scorer, but they should be able to get into position to score and therefore longer term be better strikers.

Robbie Lee seems like the best choice for immediate results, but Selahattin Yildirim might become better in the future as he is only 19.

Mark said: Based on Genie Scout ratings, ykykyky has very little between R Lee and C Geiles, with R Lee a fraction of a point in front and the other 2 well back. My own MDW ratings have R Lee in front by 7 points from C Geiles.

ZaZ said: Robbie Lee seems like the best choice for immediate results, but Selahattin Yildirim might become better in the future as he is only 19.

Don't listen them :D  Selahattin Yildirim is the only one who has 18 Pace and that's 3-4 points higher than other players have.

You can check what difference 4 points Pace can do - https://fm-arena.com/table/18-attribute-testing/

If you look at the table then you'll see that decreasing Pace by 4 points dropped the score from 53pts to 28pts there are no other attributes capable of making such a huge difference.

Hi guys! Excuse me, I need help from native speakers, I want to check if the text I have written is correct and native, I need it for my internet blog, can I send it here? Text:

Today we will talk about the best english goalkeepers in football manager 2023. England is one of the strongest nation in football and produces many talented players at all. For my search for the best goalkeeper that England can offer, I use the latest FM patch 23.3. Main criterion for players was current ability (CA) 130+ and the best keeper in the country right now is Aaron Ramsdale from Arsenal. Let's talk about him for a bit.

There are only five GK with higher CA in FM 23 and Aaron has a 151 CA, while closest pursuer from England Pickford has 150 CA points. But Ramsdale is much younger than Jordan and can resolve problem with the keeper for years. Main trouble here is a price, Arsenal is a rich club and you need from 70 to 110 millions euro and 5-6 millions euro wage in a year. That was a demand from his agent at the start of the game but I made a bid from Chelsea.

Aaron Ramsdale is a world class goalkeeper, he has 15+ stats in goalkeeping abilities for his position on field, maybe except rushing out. More importantly, he has good consistency and relishes in important matches. If you search GK for a top team, Ramsdale fits perfectly and will be ready to play from the first day in the club.

Mark said: Based on Genie Scout ratings, ykykyky has very little between R Lee and C Geiles, with R Lee a fraction of a point in front and the other 2 well back. My own MDW ratings have R Lee in front by 7 points from C Geiles.

ykykyky

170.38 R Lee
169.66 C Geiles
158.11 S Yildirim
151.11 E Manfredini

MDW22

172.24 R Lee
165.12 C Geiles
157.36 S Yildirim
149.12 E Manfredini

Clearly ratings don't always mean a better scorer, but they should be able to get into position to score and therefore longer term be better strikers.

This is interesting because I'm also using the ykykyky numbers on genie scout but don't quite know where you're getting the .38 and .11 from on Lee and Yildirim. Is that a different calculation?

Lapidus said: Don't listen them :D  Selahattin Yildirim is the only one who has 18 Pace and that's 3-4 points higher than other players have.

You can check what difference 4 points Pace can do - https://fm-arena.com/table/18-attribute-testing/

If you look at the table then you'll see that decreasing Pace by 4 points dropped the score from 53pts to 28pts there are no other attributes capable of making such a huge difference.

Does this not just equate to team performance though with regards to points, not actually how the player will perform individually?

ZaZ said: Robbie Lee seems like the best choice for immediate results, but Selahattin Yildirim might become better in the future as he is only 19.

Thanks mate, although from what I can see on Genie Scout, Yildirim is actually done developing, I think he's reached his prime.

Lapidus said: @Chriswin4, I would picked Selahattin Yildirim as the 1st choice

and my 2nd choice would be Robbie Lee

That's interesting, on what basis? I've been working on the weighted attributes from the testing section and the YKYKYKY genie scout ratings. Are there any PI's or traits which make a difference to goalscoring. What do you all think of my tactic?

Chriswin4 said: Thanks mate, although from what I can see on Genie Scout, Yildirim is actually done developing, I think he's reached his prime.

If you ask me personally, I would hire Chris Geiles. He is fast, good finisher, young, and his current salary is half of Robbie Lee, so he might come with a cheaper impact in your budget.

ZaZ said: If you ask me personally, I would hire Chris Geiles. He is fast, good finisher, young, and his current salary is half of Robbie Lee, so he might come with a cheaper impact in your budget.

Awesome, thank you. I own them all anyway. I was planning to go into the season with Geiles as my ST1

Chriswin4 said: Thanks mate, although from what I can see on Genie Scout, Yildirim is actually done developing, I think he's reached his prime.

I am using the Tactical Real CA calculation

Mark said: I am using the Tactical Real CA calculation

How do i work that out

Chriswin4 said: How do i work that out

An extract from the machine learning summary about ykykyky (a bit hard to read as I google tranlated it from Chinese):

Usage Significance:
1. Players can get the key attributes of each position according to the above table (this is ykykyky attribute ratings), 100 is the most critical attribute, and 1 is the least critical attribute. So as to guide the selection of players.

2. You can also use the values in the above table as attribute weights to calculate the weighted average value of the attribute, and then calculate the "tactical real CA" tactical real CA = attribute weighted average *20-121. Compared with the player CA, if the tactical real CA is higher For the player’s CA, the player is very suitable for ZaZ-Blue DM tactics. The higher the tactical real CA, the more suitable it is for player selection.

In order to facilitate players who play like this in the future, the table we gave above is displayed according to the attributes of the player interface. Arranged in order, even if you don’t write a program, you can create three rows in excel to quickly manually enter the attribute value and get the "tactical real CA"

3. The guiding significance for training, the attribute is occupied by the CA, in order to cultivate the tactical real CA For the highest player, we can cultivate the most cost-effective attribute. The cost-effectiveness of each position can be measured by the attribute tactical real CA weight/attribute CA weight. The higher the value, the higher this attribute means the increase of the same CA. Will make the player's attribute tactical real CA higher.

Mark said: An extract from the machine learning summary about ykykyky (a bit hard to read as I google tranlated it from Chinese):

Usage Significance:
1. Players can get the key attributes of each position according to the above table (this is ykykyky attribute ratings), 100 is the most critical attribute, and 1 is the least critical attribute. So as to guide the selection of players.

2. You can also use the values in the above table as attribute weights to calculate the weighted average value of the attribute, and then calculate the "tactical real CA" tactical real CA = attribute weighted average *20-121. Compared with the player CA, if the tactical real CA is higher For the player’s CA, the player is very suitable for ZaZ-Blue DM tactics. The higher the tactical real CA, the more suitable it is for player selection.

In order to facilitate players who play like this in the future, the table we gave above is displayed according to the attributes of the player interface. Arranged in order, even if you don’t write a program, you can create three rows in excel to quickly manually enter the attribute value and get the "tactical real CA"

3. The guiding significance for training, the attribute is occupied by the CA, in order to cultivate the tactical real CA For the highest player, we can cultivate the most cost-effective attribute. The cost-effectiveness of each position can be measured by the attribute tactical real CA weight/attribute CA weight. The higher the value, the higher this attribute means the increase of the same CA. Will make the player's attribute tactical real CA higher.

That is quite hard, is there a link to the chinese and I'll try and run it through deepl translate. I'm thinking the tactical real CA is the number which best evaluates a player

Chriswin4 said: That is quite hard, is there a link to the chinese and I'll try and run it through deepl translate. I'm thinking the tactical real CA is the number which best evaluates a player

The link is provided at this post

Mark said: The link is provided at this post

Thank you, awesome. From reading another translation, I'm guessing I add all the attributes of a player and then times it by 123 to get the tactical real CA?

Chriswin4 said: Thank you, awesome. From reading another translation, I'm guessing I add all the attributes of a player and then times it by 123 to get the tactical real CA?

I read it as, and calculated it by first summing the total of the attribute weight x attribute value. Then dividing that by the total of the attribute weights giving the attribute weighted average. Then multiply by 20 and subtract 121.

Mark said: I read it as, and calculated it by first summing the total of the attribute weight x attribute value. Then dividing that by the total of the attribute weights giving the attribute weighted average. Then multiply by 20 and subtract 121.

Okay so by doing your calculation, let's see if I've got this right. For Haaland in my save, I've got his tactical RCA as 199.6. Is this correct or have I gone wrong somewhere?

I make it 196.61 as ST. Still worth getting him in as his TRCA is higher than his CA for the position

Mark said: I make it 196.61 as ST. Still worth getting him in as his TRCA is higher than his CA for the position

Wonder how I got the wrong number, I'm using him as a base, the best striker on the game who I am competing with, to evaluate players I can get.

Chriswin4 said: Wonder how I got the wrong number, I'm using him as a base, the best striker on the game who I am competing with, to evaluate players I can get.

I have put the formulas instead of the results in the fields that matter. I hope this helps

Chriswin4 said: Have been using the information on this website to try and get players to outperform what you would expect from the ME using weighted attributes, however I've never quite been able to get it right with my strikers.

I've finally got a selection I like, and I'd like to share my formation with you all and ask which striker do you think will score most in the system?

Thanks everyone!

So, after the season here's a brief update on what I found:

Geiles: 43 app 36 goals
Lee: 43 app 13 goals
Yildirim: 38 app 14 goals - Sold to Bayer Leverkusen for £90m at the end of the season.
Manfredini: 15 app 0 goals - Sold to Chelsea for £62m at the end of the season.

Chriswin4 said: So, after the season here's a brief update on what I found:

Geiles: 43 app 36 goals
Lee: 43 app 13 goals
Yildirim: 38 app 14 goals - Sold to Bayer Leverkusen for £90m at the end of the season.
Manfredini: 15 app 0 goals - Sold to Chelsea for £62m at the end of the season.

I think you need to provide ratings and assists as well

Chriswin4 said: So, after the season here's a brief update on what I found:

Geiles: 47 app 39 goals 4 assists AVG RAT 7.37
Lee: 43 app 13 goals 7 assists AVG RAT 7.07
Yildirim: 38 app 14 goals 4 assists AVG RAT 7.02 - Sold to Bayer Leverkusen for £90m at the end of the season.
Manfredini: 15 app 0 goals O assists AVG RAT 6.75 - Sold to Chelsea for £62m at the end of the season.

Mark said: I think you need to provide ratings and assists as well

There you go mate.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment