click to hide
Test #1
Date: 01.10.2020
Test #2
Test #3

BJT 442.x3f2 20.4 /  BJT 235.fcb - Pep’s Bayern 20.4

Hi, I’m hoping to get another couple systems tested if you could do please.

My bog standard 442 is one that I always try to create that can be used at all levels, has now been tweaked for 20.4, and be the first 442 tested that isn’t full out long ball.

The other is an update to my original replication of Pep’s Die Bayern 235 formation now for 20.4. I have done a similar thing to that of my Pep 2323 Metodo City Taka system, trying to make the tactic more usable for the ME, but retaining everything else.

The result, being less possession and more purposeful in attack – with that said, Pep’s Bayern at times played this more cut-throat way compared to Barca and City, so it won’t be too far off the mark.

BJT 442.x3f2 20.4

I am a big fan of the old skool 442 style of Sir Alex Ferguson. It worked really well first couple of patches, but since it had progressively got worse from every patch released thereafter.

So I’ve had to change the style slightly for this to work on the latest patch, and consequently no dedicated thread.

Instead of a Keane Scholes combination, I’ve moved to a Xabi Alonso and Gerrard one in the centre with a much narrower defensive width in play. Everything else has remained the same. So it instead adds a creative box to box midfielder in Gerrard who will also dribble frequently, with a more stationary deep lying playmaker with a greater passing expansive range.

It still has the classic deeper forward in Yorke/Rooney and the poacher Andy Cole/Ruud Van, with wing play remaining at the fore keeping that high tempo game United were so renowned for, and whipping crosses into the box at every opportunity.

OIs

The OIs for my 442 are as follows:

LB/WBL/ML/AML : show onto left foot
RB/WBR/MR/AMR: show onto right foot
SC: Show onto weaker foot

Test Runs

My usual Pool and Chester tests worked well. A quad again with Liverpool getting over 100 points and just missing a 100 goal difference which was a shame.

Chester also performed well, comfortably winning promotion from the Vanarama North with 98 points.

BJT’s 235 Pep’s Bayern 20.4

I’ve desperately wanted to get a 235 working respectably okay, as it’s my favourite eccentric formation. It’s nice just to search and buy world class talent all in the top third of the pitch once in a while, and simply rely on two class centre-backs to hold the fort.

Inspired from Bayern’s 1-6 demolition of Roma with Robben running riot at the Stadio Olimpico, it features Xabi Alonso as a DLP-S in front of the two ball playing centrebacks.

Two wingers maintaining the full width of the pitch, to try and leave gaps for the deeper playing Mario Gotze, and Shadow Striker Tomas Muller to work in, behind the Complete support forward in Lewandowski.

The design of this system will naturally mean it’s always going to be very fragile to play with inferior players – so it’s designed for a world class squad.

OIs

For any users that choose to download this, to supplement the defensive strategy use the following:

LB/WBL: show onto left foot
RB/WBR: show onto right foot

ML/AML: show onto weaker foot
MR/AMR: show onto weaker foot

SC: show onto weaker foot

Test Results

How consistently well it will work I honestly don’t know, hopefully the tests will give a better idea. But it is capable of winning all four trophies as with my 2nd season Liverpool squad we won everything.

In contrast, I was expecting a much tougher time with Chester with promotion probably unlikely and a potential sacking – but to my surprise the tactic got the job done with a respectable 92 points.

Would be nice to see how both of these get on, especially the 235 inverted pyramid shape.

Cheers
BJT

Create an account or log in to leave a comment