Sund IF | 10 years challenge

by Gracolas, May 12, 2023

Hi all,

So I was getting kinda bored on FM23 and decided to take a new challenge and try to engage with all of you so it doesnt get boring.

The challenge
The idea is to pick up the worst reputable team in the game database and try to improve the best i can in 10 years range. Here are some rules/preferences:

Spoiler - Dont leave the club in the first 10 years
- Sign youth players
- Improve the youth academy and other facilities
- Have at least 2 Portuguese players in the first squad (im Portuguese, so..)
- Only sign Portuguese fluent speakers to staff (can be any nationality tho)
- I'll be using Genie Scout with the ykykyk ratings tweaked by me with increased Acc + Pace weights (yes i know, a lot of people call this cheating, but i dont care. Save is mine, i do what i want)
- Tactics will be hall of fame ones from FM-Arena (will decide accordingly to the squad strengths and results im having

The club

Sund Idrottsförening were formed on 9 September 1921. Eight years later Sund IF and Skönviks IF merged and took the "neutral" name Sköns IF. For many years the club was called anything but Sund IF, but on 23 January 1965, it became Sund IF again and that's the name that still applies today. The club has over the years not only been involved with football and has had sections covering skiing and orienteering.

Since their foundation Sund IF has participated mainly in the middle and lower divisions of the Swedish football league system. The club currently plays in Division 4 Medelpad which is the sixth tier of Swedish football. They play their home matches at the Malands IP in Sundsbruk.

Currently this is where my home will be:

Hopefully I'll be able to move to a new stadium, if we do things right ;)
Taken from Wikipedia

The squad

If you have any question/advise to give, please feel free to do so.

Year 1 | Half season update
I would say im a little disappointed with the overall performance of the team.. We had a bad streak of 4 losses which impacted a lot the motivation of the team and the standings as well. Board and fans are happy (they were expecting to be last place) so I guess i'm safe for now.

Transfers
The squad was lacking some positions and some quality as well (it is what we expect when we pick the worst reputation club, ofc), so I went to the market and bought/loaned in some players:

Accordingly to the fans/board, these were the best transfers:

Personally, im really enjoying Patrício Sanha (not only he's Portuguese but also scores and assists a lot).

Squad
This is the first eleven (and some stats):

League Standings

4th place is nothing we should be ashamed of, but i guess i put my expectations too high. I want at least reach the playoffs in the end of the season. Lets see.

Please let me know if you have any advice

What skin are u using?

Create an account or log in to leave a comment