Best attributes for FM24

by Steelwood, Nov 23, 2023

I haven't really seen much discussion about this topic this year because I think everyone knows the answer to "what are the best attributes in the game" but nonetheless, I thought I would try to provide some evidence for this.

The answer is *probably* pace and acceleration yet again, as it has been for a few years now. To prove this, I have taken Luton Town, the worst team in the league, and given all of their players a huge boost in pace and acceleration. Also testing this using "Cameron 4-2-3-1 BAL"

DISCLAIMER: the increases in pace and acceleration would increase CA, so it isn't entirely comparable to the original Luton squad's attributes.

Another thing is that despite changing pace and acceleration to 20 for the whole squad, it wouldn't translate to the game properly, leaving them all with 18 or 19 pace as seen below:

However, they are still by far the quickest team in the league using the comparison screen below:

RESULTS:

In a surprise to nobody, they did very well and qualified for the UCL. Feel free to prove me wrong but I think the strongest attributes are pace and acceleration yet again.

Do we know whats better for team building? only focus on pace acc, follow genie scout ratings, or ykykyyk ratings ????

NandaldiaN said: Do we know whats better for team building? only focus on pace acc, follow genie scout ratings, or ykykyyk ratings ????

I have never used genie scout so I'm not too sure how it works. I think ykykyyk ratings are good but they were made for FM22 so are probably slightly outdated now, although I imagine it is mostly the same and they also say that speed is incredibly important.

I think speed is important for team building but isn't the be-all and end-all. Looking at this test above, Luton finished behind Liverpool and Manchester City because they both still have much better players than Luton despite Luton's speed advantage.

The best players in the world tend to be at the top of their game physically, but the technical and mental levels of Manchester City and Liverpool will push them above Luton.

Do we have any news about when the attribute test is going to take place?
Is it scheduled after the update that SI announced in early December?

nios said: Do we have any news about when the attribute test is going to take place?
Is it scheduled after the update that SI announced in early December?

Yes, we're planning to do attribute testing after that update.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment