Conditions when testing tactics

by DreadPirateRoberts, Nov 24, 2023

Hello! I am writing because I have been using the FM arena forum a lot, both looking at other peoples tactics and making my own. One thing I have noticed, is that there are no "guidelines" for testing a tactic on your own, if that makes sense. We don't want to upload every single tactic we make without conducting our own test first , to see if it holds up. The problem is, there are many different ways to test a tactic, for example : putting no training on players that aren't full condition, playing games vs holiday , buying players , set pieces,  doing man-management outside of games like praising training etc. these are very big factors for the end result. When we want to compare what a "good season" is by comparing it with other tactics on the site , before deciding to upload , there is no reliablity in these comparisons. I hope you get my point, and maybe we can create some testing conditions that are universal so that we can use each others posts as a source of information before asking for a tactic test!

DreadPirateRoberts said: Hello! I am writing because I have been using the FM arena forum a lot, both looking at other peoples tactics and making my own. One thing I have noticed, is that there are no "guidelines" for testing a tactic on your own, if that makes sense. We don't want to upload every single tactic we make without conducting our own test first , to see if it holds up. The problem is, there are many different ways to test a tactic, for example : putting no training on players that aren't full condition, playing games vs holiday , buying players , set pieces,  doing man-management outside of games like praising training etc. these are very big factors for the end result. When we want to compare what a "good season" is by comparing it with other tactics on the site , before deciding to upload , there is no reliablity in these comparisons. I hope you get my point, and maybe we can create some testing conditions that are universal so that we can use each others posts as a source of information before asking for a tactic test!
Hi @DreadPirateRoberts!

When someone wants to try a tactic the easiest and most direct way is to do it through FM-Arena. That is to upload his tactic in a new thread with the instructions/rules that the community has.

Now if someone wishes to test their tactics or variations of other tactics before uploading them here then I would recommend creating your own database through the official Pregame Editor and configure it in such a way that it reflects the actual game as much as possible.

If I understand your question correctly.

Thank you :)

I think the question may have been more along the lines of what test conditions FM-Arena uses, such as:

-on holiday, first choice XI for all games with no transfers
- player condition and morale maximized for all games, no injuries
- staff controls set pieces and training

Here you go - https://fm-arena.com/thread/2712-fm23-fm-arena-tactic-testing-league/

Create an account or log in to leave a comment