ykykyk balanced for console?

by Dellboy, Dec 1, 2023

Hi everyone I was wondering if there is a way to convert these findings into filters for console appreciate any help

Here are the weightings

@Mark Do you have filters based on the weightings?

CBP87 said: @Mark Do you have filters based on the weightings?

Unfortunately not. I use Genie Scout ratings. I have said before a few times that filters are a lot harder, as it depends on the League you are playing in. For a single rating it is quite easy to see what rating you need for a League/Division. But to do the same going through all the attributes you might want to consider would be very hard.

So I have never bothered.

Mark said: Unfortunately not. I use Genie Scout ratings. I have said before a few times that filters are a lot harder, as it depends on the League you are playing in. For a single rating it is quite easy to see what rating you need for a League/Division. But to do the same going through all the attributes you might want to consider would be very hard.

So I have never bothered.

No worries mate, could you give me an example of what you would look for based on them weightings in say a ball playing defender please?

CBP87 said: No worries mate, could you give me an example of what you would look for based on them weightings in say a ball playing defender please?

Here is a quick and dirty attempt. Search only players interested in coming to your team. Start with something like this:

Pace and Acceleration 14, Composure 13, Jumping Reach 12, Marking, Passing, Positioning, Work Rate and Heading 10.

And then scale up or down by a point each time until you get the field to a reasonable size. Cap the numbers at 16 when you increase, and maybe 7 when you decrease.

I honestly don't like the approach. But give it a go.

Sryfor being invasive but in my game experience Jumping reach is a must for BPDs

CBP87 said: No worries mate, could you give me an example of what you would look for based on them weightings in say a ball playing defender please?

letsgo9 said: Sryfor being invasive but in my game experience Jumping reach is a must for BPDs

@CBP87 asked for filters based on ykykyky. I have just tried to give him something based on the Machine Learning experiment. I also look at height and other things. But that wasn't the question.

I should also note that all their work, and indeed mine, is based on position and not role. I don't believe role matters much in the game. But position is very important. So in this instance we are talking about Central Defender.

If we look at the testing results for 24 and what we already knew you would prioritise acceleration, pace and jumping reach. Then balance, anticipation and concentration. After that as you wish but possibly agility, strength.

keithb said: If we look at the testing results for 24 and what we already knew you would prioritise acceleration, pace and jumping reach. Then balance, anticipation and concentration. After that as you wish but possibly agility, strength.

I am not sure I have the time to address all the questions raised on this subject. There is plenty to read on this thread.

Best Attributes for Each Position

Fundamentally, the ykykyky rating was based on positions. FM Arena is based on the average across the outfield team. In the words of Roy Slaven, make of that what you will.

Mark said: I am not sure I have the time to address all the questions raised on this subject. There is plenty to read on this thread.

Fundamentally, the ykykyky rating was based on positions. FM Arena is based on the average across the outfield team. In the words of Roy Slaven, make of that what you will.

I think yk is outdated. Jumping reach is considerably undervalued, along with other attributes being overvalued. I think we can also assume that although the testing on here is for every position, its fairly simple to work out which positions need what attributes. Although there will be some mistakes im sure.

letsgo9 said: Sryfor being invasive but in my game experience Jumping reach is a must for BPDs

Mark said: I am not sure I have the time to address all the questions raised on this subject. There is plenty to read on this thread.

keithb said: I think yk is outdated. Jumping reach is considerably undervalued, along with other attributes being overvalued. I think we can also assume that although the testing on here is for every position, it's fairly simple to work out which positions need what attributes. Although there will be some mistakes im sure

I want to address all three comments here and share my opinion, I want to make a case that Jumping reach is not important for a defender. Yes, player with high jumping reach will score a lot of goals and hence would have high match rating but that has nothing to do with his ability to defend.

Okay, I am sure, the attribute testing in FM-Arena found that Jumping reach is the 3rd impactful attribute, hence one would assume its important for Defender but lets look at it a little closer right. By increasing the Jumping reach by +5, goals scored increase by 23% (62->76) but goals against decrease by only -2% (48->47). So ya, you can have a striker with jumping reach of 15+ and he will do just fine with goal scoring and you don't need a defender with high jumping reach, I would prioritize pace and acceleration for a defender like Mark had in his rating, so that you can catch up to the pacey strikers.

sponsorkindest said: I want to address all three comments here and share my opinion, I want to make a case that Jumping reach is not important for a defender. Yes, player with high jumping reach will score a lot of goals and hence would have high match rating but that has nothing to do with his ability to defend.

Okay, I am sure, the attribute testing in FM-Arena found that Jumping reach is the 3rd impactful attribute, hence one would assume its important for Defender but lets look at it a little closer right. By increasing the Jumping reach by +5, goals scored increase by 23% (62->76) but goals against decrease by only -2% (48->47). So ya, you can have a striker with jumping reach of 15+ and he will do just fine with goal scoring and you don't need a defender with high jumping reach, I would prioritize pace and acceleration for a defender like Mark had in his rating, so that you can catch up to the pacey strikers.

Do any attributes except the speed ones see a big improvement in goals conceded? I see jumping reach helping all over the pitch, espeically through the middle of the pitch, and think its also important in defensive midfielders.

Anticipation, Balance and funny enuf determination. In my rating system, I don't look at jumping reach for defenders and they are getting more than 7 rating without issues. But again, I am playing in Romania as a part of journeyman save, so it may be different in EPL.

I wouldn't really count one or two goals as that significant. Its not a big improvement.

keithb said: I wouldn't really count one or two goals as that significant. It's not a big improvement.

Ya it could just be statistical noise, hence I believe there is no impact on defence by increasing jumping reach.

With the new set piece system you don’t necessarily have to have the big CBs; as long as you have a couple of  players with high jumping reach and headers at some position they will get put into the right place.  Regarding the original question, what I would do on console is look at the average pace and acceleration for the league youre in and then set a filter one or two points higher than that.  That can be a starting point at any outfield position.  Then by position take the next 2 or 3 most important attributes and add those (again 1-2 points higher than the league average).  Now adjust the filters up one tick at a time until you get a list short enough to evaluate in detail (of course put on a price filter depending on budget, or end of contract etc).

One other thing I do is look for that one slow guy that is exceptional in other areas.  In particular if you don’t have a set piece taker I think it’s worth picking up a player with great technicals even if he doesn’t fit the overall meta.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment