About Potential of Wonderkids.

by Chris, Dec 26, 2023

Hello, I have a doubt that maybe you can resolve. When you play Football Manager and sign wonderkids, sometimes your analyst says: "Could Improve a lot" , "Could Improve Slightly" , "Close to full potential"...

I would like to know if there is an exact number for any message, for example:

-"Could Improve a lot" means that the wonderkid can win at least 20CA (A wonderkid with 150 CA and 176 PA, for example)

-"Could improve Slightly" means the player can't win more than 15CA (A wonderkid with 155 CA and 160 PA, for example)

(This is just an example, I don't know how it works)

Do you have a perfect value for any report msg? So if you get "Could Improve a lot" you know the player will win at least more than 20CA if he developes correctly.

**I also know that players have ability ranges and wonderkid is always +150 PA.**

Thank you.

As soon as you start the save every player has a fixed PA, there are no ranges. Same with any newgens that spawn throughout the game.

Those descriptions are kind of like you mentioned but you have to know that they are only your staff's opinion so not 100%. I believe it goes: close to full potential, could improve slightly, could improve significantly, could improve a lot. If I had to assign numbers it would be for example <5, 5-10, 10-15(20?), 20+ respectively. Again the exact number isn't that relevant as it's only staff opinion which can change overnight.

Yarema said: As soon as you start the save every player has a fixed PA, there are no ranges. Same with any newgens that spawn throughout the game.

Those descriptions are kind of like you mentioned but you have to know that they are only your staff's opinion so not 100%. I believe it goes: close to full potential, could improve slightly, could improve significantly, could improve a lot. If I had to assign numbers it would be for example <5, 5-10, 10-15(20?), 20+ respectively. Again the exact number isn't that relevant as it's only staff opinion which can change overnight.

Yes, when I said PA ranges I wanted to say that every player (especially wonderkids) have a potential range between 2 numbers (150-180, for example) and at the start of every save, one number between these two is picked. So a wonderkid like Archie Gray will have a PA number between 150 and 180 always.

So, in conclusion, there is not an exact way to know how many points can a wonderkid improve (without using editor in-game) right?.

Ty for answer.

Well I gave you the rough estimate based on description, question is only how much you trust your staff opinion. I've had players who had a description that they can improve a lot and on the day when they hit 22 years old all of it disappeared, there are many others for which it stays. I don't check CA and PA numbers so I'm not really the best to give a definitive answer.

Anything that implies only a small further increase you can usually be safe to think no more than about 10 points of CA.  Above that it can be highly unpredictable; there could be players that will improve 10 or 30 points with the exact same wording.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment