Improving hidden attributes

by SCF, Jan 16, 2024

Is it possible for hidden attributes (like consistency) to improve for a player? In my current Safe I have a wonderkid with great professionality and great attributes, but he s lacking in consistency. And is low consistency  infecting his ability to develop? I think it is around 8 or 9.

SCF said: Is it possible for hidden attributes (like consistency) to improve for a player?

Many hidden attributes can be improved throughout Mentoring.

Btw, I'm not sure that Consistency can be improved throughout Mentoring but I almost sure that players slightly improve their Consistency attribute during their careers, but don't expect a miracle here, maybe they get +1 Consistency every 3-4 seasons or something like that.

Consistency determine how many matches a player plays at his full CA.

20 Consistency mean that a player plays 20 matches of 25 and his full CA and 5 matches his CA decreased by random number from 1 to 20.

10 Consistency mean that a player plays 10 matches of 25 and his full CA and 15 matches his CA decreased by random number from 1 to 20.

and so on...

Consistency cannot be mentored.

It improves with age, starting usually from age 22 onwards. Almost everyone will become consistent, eventually. Starting points at young age are very different but they sort of converge as they get near retirement. Meaning also that players who are more inconsistent will improve consistency more throughout the career.

Lapidus said: Consistency determine how many matches a player plays at his full CA.

20 Consistency mean that a player plays 20 matches of 25 and his full CA and 5 matches his CA decreased by random number from 1 to 20.

10 Consistency mean that a player plays 10 matches of 25 and his full CA and 15 matches his CA decreased by random number from 1 to 20.

and so on...

I doubt it's that simple and linear. I haven't seen any specific numbers on it, hard to quantify anyway.

Lapidus said: Many hidden attributes can be improved throughout Mentoring.

Btw, I'm not sure that Consistency can be improved throughout Mentoring but I almost sure that players slightly improve their Consistency attribute during their careers, but don't expect a miracle here, maybe they get +1 Consistency every 3-4 seasons or something like that.

Consistency determine how many matches a player plays at his full CA.

and so on...

Yarema said: I doubt it's that simple and linear. I haven't seen any specific numbers on it, hard to quantify anyway.

I remember seeing the same figures quoted previously. I think that they were attributed to Genie Scout but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Yarema said: I doubt it's that simple and linear. I haven't seen any specific numbers on it, hard to quantify anyway.

One source:

Spoiler Consistency - How consistently he performs from match to match. On the basis that there is no player that will perform to his current ability 100% of the time, the ratio of what consistency means in terms of how often a player plays at his CA is as follows

20 Consistency = 20/25 games played at CA

10 Consistency = 10/25 games played at CA

1 Consistency = 1/25 games played at CA

The way consistency is used in the full match engine is that the average "off day" will be 10 below the CA. A random factor will be used to determine how much this is less or more than 10.

Please note that physical attributes are not taken into consideration when it comes to consistency. Only the technical and mental attributes are marked down depending on consistency.

Also Match Importance (database value) and Team Blend (Game value) affect the match by match calculation of the "Real CA" (Consistency combined with CA)

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/8738-player-hidden-attributes-explained/

Meriten said: One source:

Spoiler Consistency - How consistently he performs from match to match. On the basis that there is no player that will perform to his current ability 100% of the time, the ratio of what consistency means in terms of how often a player plays at his CA is as follows

20 Consistency = 20/25 games played at CA

10 Consistency = 10/25 games played at CA

1 Consistency = 1/25 games played at CA

The way consistency is used in the full match engine is that the average "off day" will be 10 below the CA. A random factor will be used to determine how much this is less or more than 10.

Please note that physical attributes are not taken into consideration when it comes to consistency. Only the technical and mental attributes are marked down depending on consistency.

Also Match Importance (database value) and Team Blend (Game value) affect the match by match calculation of the "Real CA" (Consistency combined with CA)

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/8738-player-hidden-attributes-explained/

Yes I get it that someone said it somewhere. There is zero backing for the numbers though. Or if there is I would very much like to see it.

Yarema said: Yes I get it that someone said it somewhere. There is zero backing for the numbers though. Or if there is I would very much like to see it.

Just take a save you’ve played a decent number of years and calculate the average consistency for each age in the division you’ve been playing (including reserves and youth).  You will see the increase.  Or google it ; there are definitely some videos from either FM22 orFM23.

MeanOnSunday said: Just take a save you’ve played a decent number of years and calculate the average consistency for each age in the division you’ve been playing (including reserves and youth).  You will see the increase.  Or google it ; there are definitely some videos from either FM22 orFM23.

What are you talking about? I know how consistency improves with age.

I'm questioning that X consistency means a player will play to his full ability in X games out of 25, both the linear mechanism and the 25 number. And also that the ability drop is randomly determined by 1-20 CA drop, why not percentage based, why not influenced by consistency attribute and so on.

Would very much like to see some data on that if anyone has any.

Yarema said: What are you talking about? I know how consistency improves with age.

I'm questioning that X consistency means a player will play to his full ability in X games out of 25, both the linear mechanism and the 25 number. And also that the ability drop is randomly determined by 1-20 CA drop, why not percentage based, why not influenced by consistency attribute and so on.

Would very much like to see some data on that if anyone has any.

Sorry, I completely misread what you said.  The tests I’ve seen show that the effects of consistency aren’t very large anyway if players have high morale.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment