The most important player attributes in FM21.

by Alexander, Jan 25, 2021

Rince said: I've got this guy as one of the central defenders.

His Height is 182cm and Jumping Reach is "11" but you've seen my results :)



Would someone with similar stars but 5 cm more make a difference? Worth changing defenders  because of that?

0

ZaZ said: Would someone with similar stars but 5 cm more make a difference? Worth changing defenders  because of that?

I'm sure the minimal height for a central defender should be no less than 180cm and Jumping Reach should be no less than "11" because anything less than that would be too extreme.

I just don't get what is the point in going for the extreme values if there are a ton of fast central defenders who are taller than 180cm and having Jumping Reach higher than 11?

0

Ok, I've just won EPL and Euro Cup with West Ham in my 2nd season with them :)








My team at the end of the season




The transfers I've made




The media prediction before the season :)





The board adores me :goofy:

2

My 3rd season with West Ham went even better than the 2nd season.

I won the league title again and also, won the Champions League Cup! :cool:








The Champions League Final vs Man Utd




My team at the end of the 3rd season




The transfers





In the 3rd season my team improved comparing with the 2nd season but still it was only the 5th team by the media prediction. Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea still had better teams than me.




At the end of the 3rd season the board gave me Є93M Euro / Є237K p/w transfer budget but I think I quite the save because I've won everything already and it's become boring :)

3

After testing



0

kalbaros said: After testing





İnstant result ?

0

robertlewandowski said: İnstant result ?

Yes

0

End of season





1

Rince said: I'm sure the minimal height for a central defender should be no less than 180cm and Jumping Reach should be no less than "11" because anything less than that would be too extreme.

I just don't get what is the point in going for the extreme values if there are a ton of fast central defenders who are taller than 180cm and having Jumping Reach higher than 11?


Some players from other positions might have cheaper weights for important attributes and have good values where it matters, being a good idea to retrain them, even if they are short.

0

ZaZ said: Determination also affects attribute gain from training and other aspects, so I believe it's very important, as well as being free. I agree with Bravery not being so important, considering that tackling and marking didn't matter much either. However, Aggression might be relevant since it is another free attribute, which costs no point in CA.

Hi mate,

Can I ask where I might find information on points value and weighting of attributes from CA? I’ve never looked into this before but it’s really sparked my interest.

Steve

0

ZaZ said: For reference, these are the weights for all attributes, for different positions


@Sharpy

0

ZaZ said: For reference, these are the weights for all attributes, for different positions


The numbers in that table are incorrect.

For example, it stays that 1 point of Acceleration and Pace cost 10CA for AMLR positions but that's not true.

Also, it stays that 1 point of Decisions costs 10CA for CD position but that's not true too.

0

Grimlock said: The numbers in that table are incorrect.

For example, it stays that 1 point of Acceleration and Pace cost 10CA for AMLR positions but that's not true.

Also, it stays that 1 point of Decisions costs 10CA for CD position but that's not true too.


That's the weight, not the cost in CA. The cost in CA has a formula that uses those weights. For example, some players have 0 CA even with lots of fives and sixes. That means it only starts counting after some minimum. I don't know the formula exactly, so I appreciate if someone can share it.

0

ZaZ said: That's the weight, not the cost in CA. The cost in CA has a formula that uses those weights. For example, some players have 0 CA even with lots of fives and sixes. That means it only starts counting after some minimum. I don't know the formula exactly, so I appreciate if someone can share it.

I don't know what you mean when you say "weight".

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/157984-attribute-weighting/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/308816-current-ability-cost-of-of-attributes-position-breakdown/

Every attribute has different CA cost for different positions.

The table you posted is outdated and incorrect for FM21.

0

cadoni said: This is the official numbers from SI for FM21. You can check it via Pre-Game Editor

@Grimlock

P.S.: Weight is usually a multiplicative factor to a function. It doesn't mean that decisions is worth 10 times more than vision for a defender. For example, the formula could be something like CA_cost = (10 * weight + 100) / 10. That means 10 points in decision would cost 20 CA, while 10 points in vision would cost 11 CA. This is just an example and has nothing to do with the real formula.

0

ZaZ said: For example, some players have 0 CA even with lots of fives and sixes. That means it only starts counting after some minimum.

An attribute with a value of 6 or less has a weight of 0, therefore a player with 6 in all attributes will have CA 0


ZaZ said: @Grimlock

SI never gives any "official numbers" on that subject but you can get a clue about the numbers by changing the values in the pre-game editor or in the in-game editor.

If the numbers in the table is CA cost of the attributes then it's incorrect but if it's something different then I don't know.

0

Grimlock said: An attribute with a value of 6 or less has a weight of 0, therefore a player with 6 in all attributes will have CA 0




SI never gives any "official numbers" on that subject but you can get a clue about the numbers by changing the values in the pre-game editor or in the in-game editor.

If the numbers in the table is CA cost of the attributes then it's incorrect but if it's something different then I don't know.


In this version, it started including the weights of each attribute in the pre-game editor. You can check.

P.S.: Here is a print screen:

1

ZaZ said: In this version, it started including the weights of each attribute in the pre-game editor. You can check.

Ohhh... I've found it. Thanks!

0

Would it be possible to test foot strength at some point? All players in the test league have one foot set to "reasonable" and one to "very strong", I was wondering how big the impact would be if "reasonable" was changed to "very weak".

0

ZaZ said: Some players from other positions might have cheaper weights for important attributes and have good values where it matters, being a good idea to retrain them, even if they are short.

In my West Ham save I got these players:

Mykola Matvienko was covering 3 positions DL/CD/DR




Boubacar Kamara was covering 3 positions CD/DM/DR




Vitaliy Mykolenko was covering 3 positions DL/CD/DR




Pierre Kalulu was covering 3 positions DL/CD/DR

0

Would you guys say Pace and acceleration are still the most OP stats? Like is it 'safe' to just have my whole team focus on those 2 for individual training? (together with the player role so other stats increase too of course)

1

DoubleR said: Would you guys say Pace and acceleration are still the most OP stats? Like is it 'safe' to just have my whole team focus on those 2 for individual training? (together with the player role so other stats increase too of course)

It is. I always set all line players additional focus to quickness (goalkeeper to reactions).

1

DoubleR said: Would you guys say Pace and acceleration are still the most OP stats? Like is it 'safe' to just have my whole team focus on those 2 for individual training? (together with the player role so other stats increase too of course)

You need to be very careful when add too much physical training, not every player will be happy with that, also, it might cause a high probability of injuries and tiredness.

From my experience it's quite difficult to improve physical attributes.

Btw, if you look at the table - https://fm-arena.com/table/9-important-attributes/ other attributes such as Agility, Balance Dribbling and Vision are also very important and they should not be ignored.

1

I don't know if this is the right thread to be posting this, if not then apologies.

Some roles have the PIs already preset and my question is will a TI overwrite this preset. For example, a winger on support has less urgent pressing when the TI pressing intensity is set to extremely urgent, will they winger press according to the TIs or his PIs preset?

Also I found that if I put the pressing intensity down to standard then the PI preset of the winger goes to standard, I can increase this to close down more and if I put the TI back to extremely urgent the PI remains if I click on the role but when I click edit instructions it shows less urgent. Not sure whether this is a bug

0

CBP87 said: Some roles have the PIs already preset and my question is will a TI overwrite this preset. For example, a winger on support has less urgent pressing when the TI pressing intensity is set to extremely urgent, will they winger press according to the TIs or his PIs preset?

Yes, TIs overwrite preset PIs

0

CBP87 said: Also I found that if I put the pressing intensity down to standard then the PI preset of the winger goes to standard, I can increase this to close down more and if I put the TI back to extremely urgent the PI remains if I click on the role but when I click edit instructions it shows less urgent. Not sure whether this is a bug

It's an known issue that some PIs and TIs visually bugged in FM21 so if you notice something weird then probably, it's a visual bug.

0

Ok so if I have extremely urgent pressing then the PI pressing mirrors that? Why would the pressing PI say standard when the pressing TI is standard but says less urgent when the pressing TI is extremely urgent?

I mean why would the PI preset show as less the higher the TI pressing intensity is? is that a bug?

0

CBP87 said: Ok so if I have extremely urgent pressing then the PI pressing mirrors that? Why would the pressing PI say standard when the pressing TI is standard but says less urgent when the pressing TI is extremely urgent?

I mean why would the PI preset show as less the higher the TI pressing intensity is? is that a bug?


As I said that has been brought up many times on the official SI forum and even some of the devs agreed that the way TIs and PIs work is quite confusing, plus there are some visual bugs so I'd say this area is a complete mess and I wouldn't rely on what it shows you and the only way to know for sure is somewhow test it yourself.

1

so the attributes that the game provides as the main ones for each role are irrelevant?

0

Tavares82 said: so the attributes that the game provides as the main ones for each role are irrelevant?

Yup, that's correct.

1
Create an account or log in to leave a comment