GF
AG
PLD
Matches
Patch 24.4.0 (DB2.0) tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 22.04.2024

This was a tactic I first used in my Belenenses save. It was the first year of the save and we were expected to finish 2nd bottom according to the season preview and had a negative transfer budget straight away so I couldn't sign anybody. However, to my surprise we finished 2nd in the league 2 points off favourites Casa Pia to secure instant promotion to the Portuguese first division. I then wanted to see how well the tactic worked with a better team, such as PSG, as the tactic is not possession based but rather more counter attacking, scoring a lot of goals but if the 2 centre backs aren't of a high standard you can also find yourself conceding a lot, especially against pacier forwards. The tactic involves lots of risky passes, the deep lying playmaker being the heartbeat of the team needs good mentals and passing to pull these off at the right moment. The trequartista is the main player to drive the team forward and although instructed to stay wider often picks up the ball in slightly more central positions before running forward with the ball. The tactic exploits the overlapping runs of the wing back, attacking midfielder (instructed to stay wide) and the trequartista when transitioning, so it helps to have faster players with good off the ball movement in these positions. Furthermore, the tactic is high in intensity, so it helps to have a large squad depth to reduce injuries and fatigue.

There are quite in depth individual instructions for almost every position if anyone is interested let me know and ill post them

@daldridge is this for fm23?

@alex This was designed in and made for fm24 but I have a skin on that might make the UI look more like last years game

@daldridge I'm asking because you uploaded your tactic in the fm23 tactics section :)

@alex thanks I'll reupload it in the right section

daldridge said: @alex thanks I'll reupload it in the right section

Hi,

I've moved it into FM24 section for you, no need to reupload it.

Droid said: Hi,

I've moved it into FM24 section for you, no need to reupload it.

Thanks mate

Create an account or log in to leave a comment