The 'Position Rating' and its impact on the performance

by Zippo, Mar 30, 2021

I use the ratings in Genie Scout that I came up with out of that data. See the post below:

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Another way to do it is to take the most important attributes for each position you are using and find the average and best for those attributes in the league you are playing. The filter average as a minimum but look for the higher end if you can afford it, especially for the attribute with the most impact.

I hope this helps

1

Mark said: I use the ratings in Genie Scout that I came up with out of that data. See the post below:

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Another way to do it is to take the most important attributes for each position you are using and find the average and best for those attributes in the league you are playing. The filter average as a minimum but look for the higher end if you can afford it, especially for the attribute with the most impact.

I hope this helps


I do use this to buy players. For people who want to use this but in a shorter version, checkout this comment by @Mark https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5066/

0

Mark said: I use the ratings in Genie Scout that I came up with out of that data. See the post below:

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Another way to do it is to take the most important attributes for each position you are using and find the average and best for those attributes in the league you are playing. The filter average as a minimum but look for the higher end if you can afford it, especially for the attribute with the most impact.

I hope this helps


Thanks Mark, I know I've asked you the question before and I implemented your GS ratings, but I think I must've done it wrong as Ousmane Dembele was the 2nd best player on the game and me being lazy just gave up and reverted back to the normal GS ratings.

If I may ask you, if you wouldnt mind telling me what attributes you'd look for in say an advanced forward, would you implement any of the key attributes for that role or would you just use the "important attributes"?

0

For me the 3 key attributes for a Fast Striker would be Acceleration, Pace and Finishing in that order. I would be trying to be above the best Acceleration stat for your league for Strikers for this, somewhere between best and average but closer to best for Pace and above average for finishing. I would also be keen to ensure the Weight was above the League average as well.

1

Mark said: I use the ratings in Genie Scout that I came up with out of that data. See the post below:

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Another way to do it is to take the most important attributes for each position you are using and find the average and best for those attributes in the league you are playing. The filter average as a minimum but look for the higher end if you can afford it, especially for the attribute with the most impact.

I hope this helps


So, you said we needed to consider positional rating as the main criteria to compare players on GS. Should I completely ignore Role ratings on GS?

0

Dezhy said: So, you said we needed to consider positional rating as the main criteria to compare players on GS. Should I completely ignore Role ratings on GS?

The short answer is yes, ignore role ratings. I have tried using role ratings but there was no noticeable difference. It does mean you miss some very good players for the position. Players seem to be able to play the role regardless if they are reasonable at the position and it gives you flexibility if you want to move between tactics.

0

Here is the download link to my updated ratings file for Genie Scout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r55jwbdutrq19n6/MDW22.grf?dl=0

The ratings are calculated off the attributes testing and the position weight table. See the previous post from last years game for more details.

You should save the standard FMGS ratings file before loading and changing to this file so you can reload the default if you are not happy with my ratings.

The standard place for Genie Scout ratings files is C:\FM Genie Scout 22g\Ratings. If you did a custom install it will be in a folder called Ratings under the FMGS install directory. Once you have copied the file to the correct location you should be able to select my ratings file by clicking on the GS symbol in the top left of the screen, and then clicking Ratings in the drop down menu, and then MDW22 from the sub menu. 

I have adjusted the weightings this year to try and align all the positions, as previously Wingers had much higher ratings.

Enjoy

4

Mark said: Here is the download link to my updated ratings file for Genie Scout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r55jwbdutrq19n6/MDW22.grf?dl=0

The ratings are calculated off the attributes testing and the position weight table. See the previous post from last years game for more details.

You should save the standard FMGS ratings file before loading and changing to this file so you can reload the default if you are not happy with my ratings.

The standard place for Genie Scout ratings files is C:\FM Genie Scout 22g\Ratings. If you did a custom install it will be in a folder called Ratings under the FMGS install directory. Once you have copied the file to the correct location you should be able to select my ratings file by clicking on the GS symbol in the top left of the screen, and then clicking Ratings in the drop down menu, and then MDW22 from the sub menu. 

I have adjusted the weightings this year to try and align all the positions, as previously Wingers had much higher ratings.

Enjoy



@Mark, good work.

I think it deserves having its own thread

1

Zippo said: @Mark, good work.

I think it deserves having its own thread


Thanks @Zippo. Do you arrange that or do you want me to start a new thread and copy this across?

0

Mark said: Thanks @Zippo. Do you arrange that or do you want me to start a new thread and copy this across?

Please, do it yourself, I'm sure it'll be more informative and prettier if you do that. :)

2

Zippo said: @Mark, good work.

I think it deserves having its own thread

Is there anyway we can get a .json version of the file?

0

stefanopt said: Is there anyway we can get a .json version of the file?

I am unsure how to produce a .json file. The values are posted in the attached link so you might be able to get someone to do it from this information.

https://fm-arena.com/thread/1949-fm22-positional-filters-what-are-the-best-attributes-for-each-position/

0

Mark said: Here is the download link to my updated ratings file for Genie Scout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r55jwbdutrq19n6/MDW22.grf?dl=0

The ratings are calculated off the attributes testing and the position weight table. See the previous post from last years game for more details.

You should save the standard FMGS ratings file before loading and changing to this file so you can reload the default if you are not happy with my ratings.

The standard place for Genie Scout ratings files is C:\FM Genie Scout 22g\Ratings. If you did a custom install it will be in a folder called Ratings under the FMGS install directory. Once you have copied the file to the correct location you should be able to select my ratings file by clicking on the GS symbol in the top left of the screen, and then clicking Ratings in the drop down menu, and then MDW22 from the sub menu. 

I have adjusted the weightings this year to try and align all the positions, as previously Wingers had much higher ratings.

Enjoy


This is exactly what I've been looking for.
thanks

0
Create an account or log in to leave a comment