Modern fm21 tactics - DM, CM and SS positions

by klokan, Jun 10, 2021

Hi everyone.

I've been wondering, since strikerless tactics are not usual modern real-life tactics (except Man City), can you share you experiance which type of players do you use in those positions?

for example, zaz-blue (highest rated tactic on fm-arena) is using DLP-S on DM position and CM-AT on CM position.

In my opinion, on DLP-S you should use defensive-minded players like Kante, Florentino Luis, and similar while on CM-AT, you should use Attacking midfielders like Olmo, Phoden, Bruno Fernandes, Vlasic, Loftus-Cheek who tries killer balls often and gets into the opposition penalty area.

Of course, on SS positions you should use fast strikers retrained for SS positions.

Which players did you found to be very good at this positions?

klokan said: In my opinion, on DLP-S you should use defensive-minded players like Kante, Florentino Luis, and similar while on CM-AT, you should use Attacking midfielders like Olmo, Phoden, Bruno Fernandes, Vlasic, Loftus-Cheek who tries killer balls often and gets into the opposition penalty area.

Of course, on SS positions you should use fast strikers retrained for SS positions.

Which players did you found to be very good at this positions?

You think in the right direction.

But for the SS positions it isn't necessary should be strikers, I find there are a lot wingers and inside forwards that do great as SS after retraining.

Rince said: You think in the right direction.

But for the SS positions it isn't necessary should be strikers, I find there are a lot wingers and inside forwards that do great as SS after retraining.

yep, that's right. Forgot about them :D

klokan said: In my opinion, on DLP-S you should use defensive-minded players like Kante, Florentino Luis, and similar while on CM-AT, you should use Attacking midfielders like Olmo, Phoden, Bruno Fernandes, Vlasic, Loftus-Cheek who tries killer balls often and gets into the opposition penalty area.

I find both positions should have high Acceleration, Pace, Agility, Dribbling and Vision attributes.

For DMs, I've had greater success with taller ones with good jumping reach. Obviously, I'm talking about a fast one, with good acceleration, pace and agility. They don't seem to benefit much of dribbling.

For CM and SS, jumping reach doesn't seem to have much effect, but vision and anticipation are always high in my players with best performance.

I've yet to identify which players benefit the most with good balance.

Solaris said: I find both positions should have high Acceleration, Pace, Agility, Dribbling and Vision attributes.

yes, ok, but that doesn't mean you can retrain for example Hakimi for DLP-S position, if you know what I mean :D

From watching my matches I prefer the BPD/DM guy - defensively skilled DM.  They can pass as good a midfielder with the bonus of jumping to block a ball by heading.  Visually this to me comes across as a serious bonus in a DM.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment