Test #3
Date: 28.06.2021
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Ok I don't think this tactic is actually very good. It started as a joke in my head, but then I tested it and it actually performed very well in my personal test database. It's a combination of Zaz Blue's instructions along with the forwards from my Cyclops tactics...with only 1 CD. There's only 1 other 1-CD tactic on the site and it sucked, so I'm hoping this at least gets a 4 or higher. The match engine right now is very funny - there are lots of very standard tactics that would fit right in in an official SI tactical guide that also suck. I'm curious if this bizarre asymmetrical no striker idea outperforms some of the standard 4-2-3-1s on the site here.

Tactic:

Results (in my database both Man City and Valencia ran the tactic. It went well with Man C, not so well with Valencia)

For reference, this is about as well as my Cyclops v1 performed, which got a 5.5 on the site. It's actually better w/ Man C but worse with Valencia - at the top end this was one of my better performing ideas, which feels insane.

Whoops, missed the results here. 4.3 is a little worse than I was hoping - I secretly wanted this to get a crazy good result. On the bright side, it scored a TON of goals. Just don't look at the defense!

Still, I'm pretty sure this is good enough to win the league with if you have a loaded team, which is fun. Someone on reddit just today was pumping up a stolen tactic, calling it the "most OP formation," and meanwhile it scored a 4.0 here on FM Arena. I also think many of the preset tactics inside the game would also score 4.0 or lower, so I'm glad the overall hypothesis of "the match engine is so janky right now a 1 CD/0 striker/2 no-defense forwards tactic is better than many standard tactics" still mostly holds up.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment