Test #3
Date: 12.07.2021
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

I have gone back to the old Sponge Bob tactic and tweaked using advice I have rea on other tactics. Changed Full Backs and Wingers, removed tight marking, put in ZaZ Blue 3 set pieces and adjusted for formation, and adjusted some other positional instructions.

Did my testing against my old testing database and the results come up better than ZaZ Blue and Phoenix. It tests the bottom and top rated team for each English Division. Hopefully closer to them now on FM Arena.

EPL

Sky Bet Championship

League 1 - Charlton Manager sacked at end of season

League 2 - Salford Manager sacked at end of season

Vanarama National

Vanarama North

Vanarama South

From my experience playing FM you need your side to be scoring around the 2 points per match to be competitive and a chance to win the title in most leagues. When I look at the FM Arena table, and the top 100 tactics, the 100th tactic is only 5.5 points overall behind this over a season.
Given we have other weapons in our arsenal, eg we know the attributes that are key for each position so can maximise talent, we have training schedules that get the most out of players, we know how to go about keeping player morale up, I think you could realistically pick any of the top 100 tactics and be a successful manager.

So when looking at the FM Arena table look for a tactic that is in the top hundred and suits the style of football you want to play, not just the top rated tactics.
I am very happy with how Sponge Bob V9 has been going.  At a rating of 6.4 this tactic is only 3.5 points in a season behind the 2 points per game. I might experiment with a few other lower ranked tactics of interest as well.

Here is a run with Liverpool in holiday mode.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment