How to hire the best players?

by ZaZ, Jul 20, 2021

This question pops up here every other week, so I decided to make a topic for people to share how they do it.

These are my ten steps to hire a player:
1. Go to player search and make sure transfer interest box is marked.
2. Add a filter for position, age, nationality and key attributes, then set it to the desired values.
--- For example: accomplished ML, under 23 years old, UK and Irish region, Acceleration 14+, Pace 14+, Agility 12+, Dribbling 12+.
3. If too many players appear, increase the key attributes.
4. Change the view to show key attributes (set it to physical attributes or add new columns).
5. Sort the table by a key attribute, usually Acceleration or Pace.
6. Check players individually. If they are acceptable, right click and ask agent for availability.
7. If cost is ok, ask for a scout report to reveal a bit and maybe see some hidden attributes.
8. Add good players to a shortlist and ask for a trial or to scout for one more week.
9. Make offer for the best players for the desired position.
10. Stall signings until all players reach an agreement, then choose the best and cancel all others.

Please, make sure to also share your methods so we can compare and get some good hints.

How many weeks needed to gauge a player on trial?

Machismo said: How many weeks needed to gauge a player on trial?

One or two weeks, depending on how much you know about the player already. I usually ask trial for four weeks, then release him when his attributes are revealed, if I'm not interested.

RE- CA/PA is it most important or in say Premier league is a swift player with only CA 130-139 good enough to compete well in EPL?

Machismo said: RE- CA/PA is it most important or in say Premier league is a swift player with only CA 130-139 good enough to compete well in EPL?

In EPL you have to compete with such clubs as Man City and Liverpool and here are the CAs of their players:

Man City

Liverpool

130CA-139CA is the weakest teams in the league like West Brom

As you can see the starting eleven of Man City and Liverpool are about 170CA so if you want not lose them when it comes to the quality of the players then you might want also have 170CA players in your starting eleven.

Machismo said: RE- CA/PA is it most important or in say Premier league is a swift player with only CA 130-139 good enough to compete well in EPL?

You can definitely win Premier League with a team of CA 130-139 if you use one of the top tactics. However, players with higher CA will make your job way easier, requiring less work with team management. However, if the difference from player A to B is just 5 or 10 points in CA and player A is noticiably faster, I would probably go with player A.

P.S.: My method was considering you can't see players CA/PA, but if you can see it, just add those stats to the player search.

ZaZ said: You can definitely win Premier League with a team of CA 130-139 if you use one of the top tactics.

I find that 130CA-139CA is too low even using top tactics, it's really hard to win EPL and you need a lot of luck to do that.

In EPL 130CA-139CA have the weakest teams that predicted to relegate like West Brom or Fulham

Prediction Table

West Brom

Fulham

Rince said: I find that 130CA-139CA is too low even using top tactics, it's really hard to win EPL and you need a lot of luck to do that.

In EPL 130CA-139CA have the weakest teams that predicted to relegate like West Brom or Fulham

Prediction Table

West Brom

Fulham

It's difficult, but not impossible. I won with a team averaging around 120, in my Leamington run.

ZaZ said: It's difficult, but not impossible. I won with a team averaging around 120, in my Leamington run.

Sure, it's possible but it's quite difficult, especially, if you try to do that when you aren't too far in the future from the 1st season because of you arrive with Leamington after 10-15 seasons from the 1st season then a lot might change in EPL.

Do you guys do all the contracts yourself or use a General Manager?

Rince said: Sure, it's possible but it's quite difficult, especially, if you try to do that when you aren't too far in the future from the 1st season because of you arrive with Leamington after 10-15 seasons from the 1st season then a lot might change in EPL.

The game is very simple: "your winning chance" = "your players quality" + "your tactic quality"

You can increase your winning chance by increasing the quality of your players or the quality of your tactic or both. :)

Machismo said: Do you guys do all the contracts yourself or use a General Manager?

General manager sucks. He always pays double or triple of what players ask, as well as lots of useless promises. Even when I hire a general manager for the scouting knowledge bonus, I still don't let him do anything.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment