Tactic Familiarity

by CBP87, Sep 10, 2021

Hi,

First off, sorry for the small images

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but wanted to share something with you in the hope that it might help people speed up the tactical familiarity for their team.

I was having a discussion on a discord channel in regards to putting the same tactic in to all 3 slots on the tactic screen to speed up the tac fam, however I wasn't really convinced as for years I have only put my tactic in 1 slot and played away.

So this got my curiosity juices flowing and I decided to perform some tests. I used Villa for the test. I was then going on holiday for a month and then checking the difference. I used the same tactic each time and selected the same 11 for consistency.

The familiarity when the team was selected -

Test 1 - Tactic in 1 slot, holiday for 1 month. AM in charge of training.

Test 2 - Tactic in all slots, holiday for 1 month. AM in charge of training.

So as you can hopefully see, the margins are different, putting it in 3 slots does slightly increase the familiarity quicker, but not by much.

Test 3 - Added tactic to 3 slots, however this time, I set the individual training to the role the player had been quick picked for in the tactic. General training again was left to AM

Test 4 - Added tactic to 3 slots, I set the individual training to the role the player had been quick picked for in the tactic. General training again was left to AM. This time I set friendlies to be played every 4 days within that month as Villa normally only play 2 pre season friendlies within the first month

I tested the parameters on test 3 over and over again, I must have tested it at least 10 times and I got the same result each time.

So my conclusion is by putting the tactic into all 3 slots and setting the individual training to the roles on the tactic seems to pretty much max out the tac fam bar.

Villa team tac fam before kicking 1 month test off

Individual roles set

Villa team tac fam after 1 month

Only 2 games played

Now I know others may have a different opinion, but I thought that I would share this incase anyone is struggling to get a team familiar with a tactic

Well done, @CBP87! :thup:

I knew that putting the tactic in all 3 slots increases the gain tactic familiarity but it's always nice to see a confirmation in tests. Good job!

I think the biggest shock for me was how much the tac fam increases when training the tactic roles, you could potentially do that for a month, play a few games then hand individual training back over to your AM if that's your preference and your team will be fully familiar before the season starts

Thank you for your contribution!

I did know this before but too lazy to set up individual trainning xD

Create an account or log in to leave a comment