Test #2
Date: 24.03.2022
Test #3
Date: 24.03.2022
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to show
Patch 22.1.1 tests
click to show

I adapted the TFF Cerber with lessons learned from the FM22 Beta to produce this tactic. Seems to test pretty well winning 2 of the 3 leagues I tested with side ranked to finish in the relegation zone. Testing would indicate it is good with underdog and lower league teams.

@Eric is there any chance you can test this. Does really well in my tests. Thanks

Mark said: @Eric is there any chance you can test this. Does really well in my tests. Thanks

Here you go

Thanks @Eric. That is disappointing but I guess we are testing different things. Thanks mate. Definitely went well with the lower league sides.

Going back and analyzing I think Dragons Den is best for very bad sides, then Electra takes over. In English Leagues Dragons Dens best below Vanarama National League. Which means my testing doesnt work above that level. Thinking back that is what started me testing in FM21. I only play lower league Sides.

Hey, so if we get promoted to League 2, what tactic would you recommend to use seeing as you said it only wats for Val National League or below

I haven't tested at League 2. Try it until you have a few losses. Use Electro and 442RMD in the other slots and then try them. All three are very good tactics

Well it is good to see this tactic test a bit better in the new test league and updated match engine.

I have started successfully and have been using a suite of 3 of my tactics in lower leagues with the new match engine. Running my normally 3 sides in different countries. This year going for really low leagues using databases from FM Scout.

I am playing O'Connor Knights in the Canberra Premier League in Australia, Tier 4 of the Australia Full Pyramid database by Weiry which has promotion and relegation the whole way up. I took over mid season when they were under performing and so far unbeaten and into the top half which just meets the Boards expectations.

Tyreso FF (a nod to TFF the great tactician) in Swedish Second Division South Svealand League is my second team. I took over when they were last after 9 of 28 rounds on 5 points. now out of relegation zone with a 3-1 win and a 4-0 win. No new database required to play this one. Just need to stay up so I can try and get promoted next season. I was expected to fight bravely against relegation. And if I don't, this manager will be out of a job as I don't think there is a playable league below this.

Last side is Glasgow United in Scotland, in the West of Scotland Conference B League. This is the 7th tier using the FM22 Scotland Lower Leagues Full Scottish Pyramid by Mozza. Only in preseason so far. Glasgow United are predicted to finish 11th of 15 so I will need to at least meet that to stay away from relegation. I cant see any of these getting promotion this season but I am playing the long game. I need to keep reading Sir Alex Ferguson's approach to planning long term and keeping players happy.

I decided against Brexit this year so went away from the  England and moved to Scotland. In the lower leagues having Brexit limits the players you can access after the first year. Started with the Scottish preseason at 5 July hence coming in halfway through Sweden and Australia. I haven't had much in the way of buying players as all these clubs have little or no money and low expectations in their leagues. I have lost one player across the 3 sides and bought in 2 players. I used my Genie Scout Ratings and got 2 good DCs for the leagues I am in.

When I looked at the ratings for my tactics, prior to Dragons Den being tested, I noticed that Dragons Breath was in the top 10 for goal difference and Dragons Breath 3.1 was leading the goals scored for this match engine. Under the original FM22 FM Arena testing Dragons Den had the best defence of my tactics so I went with Dragons Breath as my main tactic, Dragons Breath 3.1 to attack and score goals and Dragons Den to close out games.

Now we have Dragons Den tested with the new match engine I wont be changing my approach. Dragons Breath is equal 8th on goal difference, Dragons Breath 3.1 leads the most goals scored and Dragons Den is 11th for best defence, and also saves the energy of players. The other nice thing about using these 3 tactics is that they are easy to move between as the base structures are quite similar. To move from the main tactic to the attacking one the CM Attack moves to ST AF. To move from the main tactic to defensive the ST F9 moves back to AM SS. To move between Attacking and Defensive is a little more with ST AF moving back to CM Attack and ST F9 back to AM SS. Late in the game this isn't a big issue though.

Combine this approach with a decent training regime, @ZaZ morale approach and shouts and a decent scout process and the game doesn't seem that hard at the moment, I sure there will be some rocky times but having the confidence in the system certainly helps. I will post again a bit further down the track. I am definitely having fun at the moment and hope to take these clubs far with this save. Money will be the first big issue though. There isn't much around with any of these clubs. And it will be a long time before they start competing for the same players.

Already there is a large discrepancy between their abilities. I thought these clubs would be quite close in terms of ability but it is not the case. And there is a large spread between players abilities in each of the 3 clubs. I hope to be able to buy in more capable players as we lose the fear of relegation and get the Boards to see we have a bright future in moving up the leagues.

Any chance to test this tactic in the new match engine. It seems to be going well.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment