Flourix said: I'll try and have the new green as my default starter tactic then and see if it performs as good as old green.

Just make sure to train the CMs as AF and SS, so they can be used in Blue without problem.

ZaZ said: I don't. It's always normal, but set to rest automatically when players are under excellent condition.

I've not used it before, how do I put players on automatic rest when they drop below a certain point ? I've had a look I know there is auto intensity but that doesn't put players on rest , trouble with FM is the layout changes and it becomes difficult to find things.

Rhumble said: I've not used it before, how do I put players on automatic rest when they drop below a certain point ? I've had a look I know there is auto intensity but that doesn't put players on rest , trouble with FM is the layout changes and it becomes difficult to find things.

Training > Rest > No pitch or gym work

Amazing Zaz. Win the French Super Cup and we lost in 1/4 of champions league after a game of bad luck

Chatin said: Amazing Zaz. Win the French Super Cup and we lost in 1/4 of champions league after a game of bad luck

Gratz! Nice goal difference too, more than double of PSG!

What is the most appropriate tactic for bot4-bot5 team @ZaZ

joganita said: What is the most appropriate tactic for bot4-bot5 team @ZaZ

Any tactic from the table with score above 60 will overachieve, so you can pick any that suits your preference in play style. Personally, I like Blue 4.0 and Green 5.0, and they work very well even with the weakest teams.

I wanna "make many scores". Thanks a lot for answer

joganita said: I wanna "make many scores". Thanks a lot for answer

Then Blue 4.0 will do very well for you, even in the lower leagues.

thx a lot my man i love you so much

@ZaZ did you catch the latest video from Evidence Based Football Manager? Has anything changed with your training schedule?

Middleweight165 said: @ZaZ did you catch the latest video from Evidence Based Football Manager? Has anything changed with your training schedule?

I just watched after reading your message. His results are very similar to mine, so there is nothing to change in my training schedule right now. Keep in mind that players taking longer time to recover with training doesn't make a difference since I recommend setting players to "no pitch or gym work".

ZaZ said: I just watched after reading your message. His results are very similar to mine, so there is nothing to change in my training schedule right now. Keep in mind that players taking longer time to recover with training doesn't make a difference since I recommend setting players to "no pitch or gym work".

Yeah thats what I thought the conclusion would be. Interesting you came to the same conclusions before he has done the further testing

Hey @ZaZ , can you just explain me one thing please? If Green 5.0 is alternative for solid blue 4.0, why is green 5.0 positive mentality (same like main tactic blue 4.0) and not Cautious like solid blue 4.0? What would then be alternative for Blue 4.0 (from green perspective)?

deegenom said: Hey @ZaZ , can you just explain me one thing please? If Green 5.0 is alternative for solid blue 4.0, why is green 5.0 positive mentality (same like main tactic blue 4.0) and not Cautious like solid blue 4.0? What would then be alternative for Blue 4.0 (from green perspective)?

Solid Blue sacrifices performance (win rate) to become more solid in defense. Green, on the other hand, is naturally good in defense, and has around the same performance as Blue.

ZaZ said: Solid Blue sacrifices performance (win rate) to become more solid in defense. Green, on the other hand, is naturally good in defense, and has around the same performance as Blue.

I understand. So what would be alternative then for blue 4.0 when playing as underdogs against way stronger opponents? Because I feel like blue 4.0 is a bit too attacking to play when you are for example Norwich or Bournemouth and facing Liverpool. What would you use in that situation?

deegenom said: I understand. So what would be alternative then for blue 4.0 when playing as underdogs against way stronger opponents? Because I feel like blue 4.0 is a bit too attacking to play when you are for example Norwich or Bournemouth and facing Liverpool. What would you use in that situation?

I would start with Green to unsettle the opposition, then go with Blue the second half (of if I concede goals before that). It works because players from stronger teams get nervous if the match advances and they are not yet winning.

The first position I need to recruit?,    ( for green 5.0 )

korealem1 said: The first position I need to recruit?,    ( for green 5.0 )

I like to make a balanced team, so I always start by the position I'm the weakest. If you want to know what position is the most important, then it's probably the midfielders.

Sorry if it has been already asked - what's the pitch size you recommend? I remember last year it was the biggest one available, but that was because the SSs were making a lot of runs in behind.

kvasir said: Sorry if it has been already asked - what's the pitch size you recommend? I remember last year it was the biggest one available, but that was because the SSs were making a lot of runs in behind.

I still use the biggest one available, but I don't think anyone ever tested to see if it actually makes any noticeable difference.

Do you recommend using the same training schedule for the youth team?

kvasir said: Do you recommend using the same training schedule for the youth team?

Especially for the youth team, since attribute growth is way faster until 23 years old.

You're a beast @ZaZ , a tactical genius.

Rennes Season 23/24

Wolves Season 24/25 Media Prediction 13º

This tactic is absolutely mad.

130 points in the first season in the Championship

Sitting top after my last game before the world cup break in season 2 (although teams around me have games in hand)

I made a couple of tweaks in removing stay wider and dribble more from the central defenders, and during games I remove tackle harder from anyone who gets a booking. I also plugged in some of my own set piece routines. We scored 29 goals from corners in season one and 13 in 15 so far in season 2 which definitely helps to win us a few extra points.

Chris Smalling currently 3rd top goalscorer in the league, all from corners

Fantatsic work ZaZ!

Chatin said: You're a beast @ZaZ , a tactical genius.

Rennes Season 23/24

Wolves Season 24/25 Media Prediction 13º

Nice results, congratulations!

TTP said: This tactic is absolutely mad.

130 points in the first season in the Championship

Sitting top after my last game before the world cup break in season 2 (although teams around me have games in hand)

I made a couple of tweaks in removing stay wider and dribble more from the central defenders, and during games I remove tackle harder from anyone who gets a booking. I also plugged in some of my own set piece routines. We scored 29 goals from corners in season one and 13 in 15 so far in season 2 which definitely helps to win us a few extra points.

Chris Smalling currently 3rd top goalscorer in the league, all from corners

Fantatsic work ZaZ!

Good results, hopefully you can keep your team spirits up so they don't get nervous!

Hi @ZaZ

Can you help with something im still struggling with? Im findingf the RPM a tricky position to scout players for. I have previously used the recommended attributes you posted in the tables in ypur original post for DM, but im wondering how you manage to find new potential wonderkids for RPM positions. For example, if using scout genie, should i look for players with high potenetial % rating for RPM role, or should i focus more on the attributes which the table promotes such as work rate, acc, pace, stamina etc?

I currently have bruno guimaraes in RPM in my newcastle save but his rating sare always very low. I know the DM position is always goign to score lower than other positions but to maximise my team, im looking for another option to upgrade him, or find a new youth player who can grow into that position. Any more recommendions for this position please?

Sharpy said: Hi @ZaZ

Can you help with something im still struggling with? Im findingf the RPM a tricky position to scout players for. I have previously used the recommended attributes you posted in the tables in ypur original post for DM, but im wondering how you manage to find new potential wonderkids for RPM positions. For example, if using scout genie, should i look for players with high potenetial % rating for RPM role, or should i focus more on the attributes which the table promotes such as work rate, acc, pace, stamina etc?

I currently have bruno guimaraes in RPM in my newcastle save but his rating sare always very low. I know the DM position is always goign to score lower than other positions but to maximise my team, im looking for another option to upgrade him, or find a new youth player who can grow into that position. Any more recommendions for this position please?

DMs usually get low rating, despite being probably the most important players of the tactic. If you check the stats, they give the most passes per match, but very few assists, goals, tackles and so on. Their main role is to move close to player in possession to provide short passing options, and pass the ball for someone in a good position to assist for a goal. Without the ball, their main role is to occupy the space so opponents are forced to use the flanks instead of the middle.

Anyway, my tip is to not look at their ratings unless they are under 6.4. Anything around 6.6 or 6.8 is what you should expect of the RPM, even if the whole team is getting scores over 7.0. In the end, it's thanks to the RPM that they can all get such good scores.

About your question of how to hire the RPM, go for the main attributes, and if you can see potential rating, you need to balance well immediate needs and future needs (it depends on your team).

ZaZ said: DMs usually get low rating, despite being probably the most important players of the tactic. If you check the stats, they give the most passes per match, but very few assists, goals, tackles and so on. Their main role is to move close to player in possession to provide short passing options, and pass the ball for someone in a good position to assist for a goal. Without the ball, their main role is to occupy the space so opponents are forced to use the flanks instead of the middle.

Anyway, my tip is to not look at their ratings unless they are under 6.4. Anything around 6.6 or 6.8 is what you should expect of the RPM, even if the whole team is getting scores over 7.0. In the end, it's thanks to the RPM that they can all get such good scores.

About your question of how to hire the RPM, go for the main attributes, and if you can see potential rating, you need to balance well immediate needs and future needs (it depends on your team).

That makes sense thanks @ZaZ
I never looked at it in that way before, ill start to analyse those types of passing stats more closely for my RPM's from now on. Guimaraes has good attributes for all things needed of a good RPM, such as work rate 15, teamwork 14, stamina 14, decisions 15 etc, but i was unsure that his acceleration and pace only being 12 was causing a huge problem requiring me to sign someone else. His last season average was 6.91 for me, so with what you state here, im assuming i dont have a problem with him and hes doing well for me in terms of what he's offering..

Sharpy said: That makes sense thanks @ZaZ
I never looked at it in that way before, ill start to analyse those types of passing stats more closely for my RPM's from now on. Guimaraes has good attributes for all things needed of a good RPM, such as work rate 15, teamwork 14, stamina 14, decisions 15 etc, but i was unsure that his acceleration and pace only being 12 was causing a huge problem requiring me to sign someone else. His last season average was 6.91 for me, so with what you state here, im assuming i dont have a problem with him and hes doing well for me in terms of what he's offering..

6.91 is good score for a RPM, and the lower speed isn't such a big deal because they don't do many high speed runs for the ball (either offensively or defensively), like strikers, defenders or wingers.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment