FM22 Positional Filters – what are the best attributes for each position?

by Mark, Nov 29, 2021

Mark said: I have derived the other positions and balanced the files above. Which filter are you interested in?

@Mark The  ykykyk balanced ratings file

i'll have a look at it and try to pull some data out then

these are the settting that i want o adjust to a correct value, and also the attributes for a position, thats why i asked about MC AMR/L and WBR/L as they were not on that chinese table.

Only done the GK position as you can see in the pic

the reason why i am using this app is because is simple to use, loads in an instant, can look for players based on your positions from tactic and the best part: you don't see their CA or PA attributes or personality

1

Ive been really impressed with the work on here , attributes have always fascinated me , in the game they blind you with a range of attributes set for roles that dont really matter, as its all about positions not roles , if you were a new player to FM then they really are a pointless addition for SI , you ask the SI forum which attributes work for each position and ive always had an answer that makes me think not even SI know what attribute combinations work properly , everyone of them are linked in one way or another meaning you would need  20 odd attributes or more for each position which is unobtainable, what Mark and Zaz have done is actually done SI's job for them by helping everyone , so thanks to them for this.

Im still on FM 21 as i can never be bothered with the new one until i know there will be no more patches, so would some of these ratings work with FM 21 ?

Which is the ratings that was decided upon as the one to use ? ive got about 7 now in the ratings folder lol, as im late to FM22 i just wondered if there is a definitive decision of which rating is near to perfect for finding the right players and would it work with fm21 ?

0

Rhumble said: Ive been really impressed with the work on here , attributes have always fascinated me , in the game they blind you with a range of attributes set for roles that dont really matter, as its all about positions not roles , if you were a new player to FM then they really are a pointless addition for SI , you ask the SI forum which attributes work for each position and ive always had an answer that makes me think not even SI know what attribute combinations work properly , everyone of them are linked in one way or another meaning you would need  20 odd attributes or more for each position which is unobtainable, what Mark and Zaz have done is actually done SI's job for them by helping everyone , so thanks to them for this.

Im still on FM 21 as i can never be bothered with the new one until i know there will be no more patches, so would some of these ratings work with FM 21 ?

Which is the ratings that was decided upon as the one to use ? ive got about 7 now in the ratings folder lol, as im late to FM22 i just wondered if there is a definitive decision of which rating is near to perfect for finding the right players and would it work with fm21 ?


I had very little to do with that, it was mostly Mark and the guy from chinese forum. They deserve all credit. I just added a rating to the mix.

0

ZaZ said: I had very little to do with that, it was mostly Mark and the guy from chinese forum. They deserve all credit. I just added a rating to the mix.

thats cool , its all been a help though

which version was the one that you and mark thought gave the best results , ive got loads in my ratings folder and i cant remember what order they i downloaded them in, would they work in FM21 or has everything changed between both games

0

Rhumble said: thats cool , its all been a help though

which version was the one that you and mark thought gave the best results , ive got loads in my ratings folder and i cant remember what order they i downloaded them in, would they work in FM21 or has everything changed between both games


From my ratings, the one that subtracts 25 from all weights under 50 was the best, according to Mark's test. But I believe his scores might be better than mine since he tested that more than me.

1

ZaZ said: From my ratings, the one that subtracts 25 from all weights under 50 was the best, according to Mark's test. But I believe his scores might be better than mine since he tested that more than me.

Thanks Buddy , ill give them a go

0

doru228 said: @Mark The  ykykyk balanced ratings file

i'll have a look at it and try to pull some data out then

these are the settting that i want o adjust to a correct value, and also the attributes for a position, thats why i asked about MC AMR/L and WBR/L as they were not on that chinese table.

Only done the GK position as you can see in the pic

the reason why i am using this app is because is simple to use, loads in an instant, can look for players based on your positions from tactic and the best part: you don't see their CA or PA attributes or personality


Did you figure out how to put them into the lineup tool ? Would be amazing if you could share it, I do like using that tool as the scouting center

0

Wail said: Did you figure out how to put them into the lineup tool ? Would be amazing if you could share it, I do like using that tool as the scouting center

Had to stop the work, some family issues but will get back to it. I have an idea, yeah

1

doru228 said: Had to stop the work, some family issues but will get back to it. I have an idea, yeah

I could probably help, if you share the idea exactly, I tried with making the ones over 50 as Required, while the ones between 30 and 50 as prefered, It didnt give me that good ratings imo cause of the 4/1 multipliers, I didnt really bother with changing them tho, wanted to test them vs genie scout but the g version just lags and freezes alot.

0

Mark said: @saycarramrod here is the link to the balanced version ykykyk balanced ratings file

Hi Mark, this one you would say is the best to use? Also can you edit first post or make a new post with all the versions in one post? Thanks.

0

thegr8 said: Hi Mark, this one you would say is the best to use? Also can you edit first post or make a new post with all the versions in one post? Thanks.

The one you have referenced is the one that I use. Enjoy.

1

Below is a link to a post on using these ratings to determine the best 20 players for each position in the game

Post Link

1

Mark said: Below is a link to a post on using these ratings to determine the best 20 players for each position in the game

Link to post


Pretty sure you linked the wrong stuff.

2

ZaZ said: Pretty sure you linked the wrong stuff.

I think I have fixed it. I was sure I checked it but it seemed to have picked a recent copied link. Thanks for letting me know

1

Mark said: This question comes up a lot on the forum. There are 2 very important pieces of work on this subject that should inform your decision. The first is the attribute testing done by @Zippo https://fm-arena.com/table/13-fm22-attributes-ratings/. This shows the testing of each attribute in FM22 and the impact of reducing the attribute score has on results. The limitation of this work is that it is not positional. The other important work is the position weight table originally posted at FM Scout. This gives a sense of the value of each attribute for each position.



I have used these pieces to calculate values or weightings for the Genie Scout tool. You can use these filters for comparison of players when you are buying players or to determine the best player for each role in your tactic from your squad.

Here is the download link to my updated ratings file for Genie Scout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r55jwbdutrq19n6/MDW22.grf?dl=0

You should save the standard FMGS ratings file before loading and changing this file so you can reload the default if you are not happy with my ratings.

The standard place for Genie Scout ratings files is C:\FM Genie Scout 22g\Ratings. If you did a custom install it will be in a folder called Ratings under the FMGS install directory. Once you have copied the file to the correct location you should be able to select my ratings file by clicking on the GS symbol in the top left of the screen, and then clicking Ratings in the drop down menu, and then MDW22 from the sub menu.

I have adjusted the weightings this year to try and align all the positions, as previously the ratings were skewed with Wingers having a much higher rating.

A reminder here that Genie Scout doesn't take into account the positional ability of players in their ratings calculations. Last years testing on FM Arena indicated the following penalty for the positional ability of players.



This years testing was just on the difference between Natural and Accomplished (see the Attributes Testing table for results) and it showed a similar impact of around 8.5% penalty this year.

The calculation

I first calculated the proportional impact each attribute had in the FM Arena testing. For example Acceleration - default PPM was 1.648, reducing Acceleration by 4 points resulted in 1.039 PPM. The calculation was 1-(1.039/1.648) or 36.95%. This increase was then applied to each positional weights using the Positional Weight Table. Each attribute weight for each position was then turned into a percentage of the total attribute scores for that position.

Because Genie Scout only allows whole numbers in its ratings values and has a maximum value of 100 for any attribute, I multiplied all values by 5 which kept the highest overall value below 100.

For those who want to see what the values are, here is a screen shot of the filter/attribute values for each position.



I hope this helps someone.

Enjoy

      In Your opinion which is the best update rating file and can you post the link?

0

Enok said: In Your opinion which is the best update rating file and can you post the link?

See post 103 on page 4.

0

Hello guys. For some reason my genie doesn't recognize any of the .grf files, you have any idea?

0

Are you placing them in the correct folder. For me the location is:

C:\FM Genie Scout 22g\Ratings

0

LOL i know why now, you have to restart the app :D Thank you anyway

1
Create an account or log in to leave a comment