FM22 Positional Filters – what are the best attributes for each position?

by Mark, Nov 29, 2021

Hope it'll help

The information exist on GS, but i think it's impossible to see it in columns.
It's my only request.

Falbravv said: Hope it'll help

It's my only request.

Yes, it is one of the fields you cant get access to. I can derive it down to about 10 out of 20. Beyond that I have nothing. If you are only interested in the players and their positions that have 10+ for positions I think I can go close. Otherwise I am sorry but I cant help

If you want to test something to go close, i promise you to use it :woot:

Thanks for the answer

Falbravv said: If you want to test something to go close, i promise you to use it :woot:

Thanks for the answer

I will have something for you in a couple of days.

Falbravv said: If you want to test something to go close, i promise you to use it :woot:

Thanks for the answer

Here is the formula that is very close to the mark. I only tested it against Wingers downloading data to Excel. In the formula A1 is the location of the rating you want to manipulate and B1 is the location of the position score out of 20. Down to about 10 out of 20 the derived score was within 0.1-0.2% of the general rating score. Below that the variance tends to blow out a fair bit.

=A1*(1-(20-B2)/46)/(1-(20-B1)/40)

I am sure the calculation could be simplified but I haven't had much time to work on it.

Update:

I now have it all within 0.1% and is working across all the positions.

Here is the updated formula, it seems like there are 2 cut off points, position score below 5, position score below 10:

=IF(B1<5,A1*(1-(20-B1)/55.5)/(1-(20-B1)/40),IF(B1<10,A1*(1-(20-B1)/48)/(1-(20-B1)/40),A1*(1-(20-B1)/46)/(1-(20-B1)/40)))

General Ratings calculations in Excel

Genie Scout General Ratings

Thanks a lot, i try it now !

Falbravv said: Hope it'll help

It's my only request.

I noticed you are managing Holstein Kiel. I play golf here in Australia with a mate who was born in Kiel, so I have played them a few times as well. Good fun getting them to Bundesliga and then challenging Bayern for the title. Good luck and let me know how you go.

Thanks a lot, i try it now !

Mark said: I noticed you are managing Holstein Kiel. I play golf here in Australia with a mate who was born in Kiel, so I have played them a few times as well. Good fun getting them to Bundesliga and then challenging Bayern for the title. Good luck and let me know how you go.

It's my actual save yes !

Promote and win B2 first year, challenge Bayern second season and finish 2nd, actually 2nd and 1/8 of CL

Falbravv said: Thanks a lot, i try it now !

Let me know how it goes mate. I am hoping you now have what you were after

Create an account or log in to leave a comment