PLD
Matches
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 17.01.2022
Test #2
Date: 17.01.2022

I've been playing since FM2011 and this is the first tactic since probably 2013 that I didn't just download (I usually prefer building squads vs developing tactics).

So far, I've only really used this tactic in my attempt to save Barcelona from itself, so TBD how well it translates to other teams. I wanted a true attacking, possession tactic in Barca's traditional 433 and have succeeded in doing so, at least in my save. This tactic or slight variations on it have been pretty stable since the beta. I sometimes revert to a more balanced variation after taking the lead to conserve energy, or tweak the CMs and/or WBs to play more conservatively against better teams. In general, it's a little bit more slow-paced than the top-tactics with some unique instructions and roles, which helps with possession.

As you can see in the radar chart, it is performing quite well for me. 2.75xG to 0.59xGA, with a chance every 39min and a chance against every 550min over my last 50 games, good for +77 clear cut chances for/against. Plus, 61/133 assists have come from through balls so it features some nice football in addition to being pretty solid on set pieces. Note that I have been managing games rather than simming through, which I'm sure is helping out. Individual Training is for the player's typical role.

The majority of goals come from the ST position, followed by a pretty even split among the two CMs and IWs. Plus plenty of headers from the CBs off of corner kicks. You can also see from the team of the season that my players get pretty good ratings across the board -  Trincao and Gavi were my primary corner takers and their ratings were definitely boosted from the many assists they got from doing so.

Unfortunately I just started a new season when I decided to post this so I can't show the detailed individual stats from the season, might revisit and show once this one is completed.

Anyway, thanks for your interest, I hope this tactic brings you the same pleasure that is has for me!

Also, quick shout-out to the many other tacticians who have inspired me in various ways, particularly ZaZ, whose tactics I have relied on quite a bit over the years.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment