Date: 24.01.2022
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Granny Poison 112pts

Another one of my FM21 tactics which I have rejuvenated to compliment FM22. The FM21 version https://fm-arena.com/thread/1481-granny-poison-won-all-cups-17-conceded-in-all-comps/

Role changes -

FBs > IWBa
DLPs > DMs
BBM > CMa
IWs > Ws

TI changes -

Removed

Play out of defence
Hit Early Crosses
Run at defence
Distribute to CB and FB
Use tighter marking

Added -

Work ball into box
Distribute to right CB
Roll it out

Updated set pieces

Tested with PSG and Villa, AM in charge of general training and team selection. I don't let the AM do individual training as I've found that the AM usually train's roles that aren't being used in the tactic. NO EDITORS WERE USED!!

PSG
PSG predicted 1st, finished 1st with 112 points, 37 wins 1 draw, won the treble, losing out in the CL final to BVB. Mbappe scoring 56 goals in 57 appearances.

Villa
Predicted 11th with the new update file, finished 4th. Danny Ings scoring 25 goals

I will add more test results from other teams

@CBP87, I would suggested checking the set pieces in the top tactics and revisit the set pieces in this tactic(mostly the attacking throw-ins and corners) because I find they contribute a lot.

Ill have a look mate, thanks for the suggestion, currently testing an attacking variation of the tactic

Granny Poison 112 pts USP

I've updated the set pieces, throw ins have been amended as per feedback from @Bogeyman :thup:  however not fully replicated the top tactic. I have also removed use off side trap as when testing with Villa, the results were much better with Villa finishing 3rd on 84 points. Just felt more solid for them. Conceded less goals and scoring more. Ings scored 26 goals

Test Outcome

Test Data

Squad Overview

Results

Running a test now with an elite club, as always the Villa test was a holiday test, AM in charge of team selection and general training. No editor used!!

CBP87 said: I have also removed use off side trap as when testing with Villa, the results were much better with Villa finishing 3rd on 84 points. Just felt more solid for them. Conceded less goals and scoring more. Ings scored 26 goals
I'd suggested to be very careful with a limited testing of 38 matches because it can be very misleading and the result may easily vary up to 20 points with exactly the same tactic and the same team. I think "Offside Trap" is well proven TI in FM22 and I would think twice before dropping it off.

@CBP87, the OP looks really confusion. It's hard to find the difference between the versions. Also, it isn't clear which result belongs to which version. Maybe, it's better to leave only one version which works the best for you? Or you can add the difference between the version and separate the results?

Tsubasa said: @CBP87, the OP looks really confusion. It's hard to find the difference between the versions. Also, it isn't clear which result belongs to which version. Maybe, it's better to leave only one version which works the best for you? Or you can add the difference between the version and separate the results?

I've updated the OP and the tweaked post with the name of the tactic version

Bogeyman said: I'd suggested to be very careful with a limited testing of 38 matches because it can be very misleading and the result may easily vary up to 20 points with exactly the same tactic and the same team. I think "Offside Trap" is well proven TI in FM22 and I would think twice before dropping it off.

I agree to some degree, but I also think your players need to have the correct attributes to be able to play the offside trap, I often find that mid - underdog teams simply don't have the required players to be able to be able to play it, but elite teams can still do very well with or without it

PSG result with Granny Poison 112pts USP

Test Outcome

Test Data

Squad Overview

Results

I loved the tactic name! :D

Looks great! Top work again @CBP87

MrGreen said: Looks great! Top work again @CBP87

Cheers mate

Create an account or log in to leave a comment