Matches
Patch 23.1.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 14.11.2022
Test #2
Date: 14.11.2022

Hello,

I've been doing some testing of what works for FM 23. Seems much more difficult to get a over-performing tactic this year. Anyways my first success came with a 4-3-3 formation that would resemble Steven Gerrard's 4-3-3 he used in Rangers and Aston Villa. It's a classic 4-3-3 with 2 inside forwards and wide full-backs.

The threat to the goal comes from 5 players, so there is a lot of versatility here. Meanwhile FBs and CM/DM provides assists.

The tactic is set to standard mentality, aimed to work for mid-level clubs and underdogs that have to utilize superior numbers in offense and defense. For top teams I would suggest picking something more attacking oriented, exploiting individual skill of star-players - especially when playing in the CL.

In the holiday test below Villa finished 3rd but in multiple tests they would avr. 75 points which depending on the season would result in around 4-5th place.

Second test is with Not (rly a) Forest which I found being really difficult to keep in the premier league. Having them finish mid-table is a great success.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment