Patch 23.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 11.12.2022
Test #2
Date: 11.12.2022
Patch 23.1.0 tests
click to show

First of all, I'd like to say that this tactic is not my work. This was made by @Brommers92 for last year's FM. I used his tactic a lot last year and has some amazing results with it, playing champagne football in the process. Seems to be a big overachieving tactic, permorming well with underdogs.

I spent countless hours testing this tactic on this year's ME and honestly, I couldn't find a way to improve it! I tested loads of variations of the team instructions, OIs, Mentality ect. I didn't get as far as testing individual player roles/instructions so there's a possibility of improving the tactic through there, which I'll give a go!

Holiday tested with Tottenham, Leeds and Nottingham Forest. Achieveing 3rd, 6th and 5th respectively.
I set-up my games using @ZaZ instructions in the introduction of the Fire Tactic Ie. auto resting players with less than perfect condition etc.

Corner takers are set as inswingers, so a right footer on the left corners and vice versa, typically I use the full backs for this. No OIs are used.

Results:

Bear in mind that these are holiday tests, so it's likely you'll get better results by managing the team yourself and keeping morale and fitness high by praising players, using in-game shouts, reducing the intensity when winning comfortably, rotating players, early subs for tired players etc.

This tactic might not give the best results in the testing league but it's certainly fun to use, if you adapt your team to this tactic it can become unstoppable. Enjoy!

Create an account or log in to leave a comment