Matches
Patch 23.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 08.12.2022
Test #2
Date: 08.12.2022

Hey,

This is my update on my last patch tactic - evolution. It has been changed and re-shaped into what it is now. In short, I found crosses and long balls behind the defenders to be quite OP in this patch. If you watch the WC in Quatar, this seems to be working in real life as well. Japan managed to beat Germany and Spain playing is a similar way. Anyway, tactic is plug and play but will work best with:

CB - Your classic modern CB with the ability to move with the ball and decent passing.
WB - Those are very attacking oriented players with some ability to defend. Physical attributes being  more important than technical ones. You can see on the screenshot below, they move into AML, AMR when in possession. If you can get a fast guy that can jump that is going to help you a lot when defending crosses.
DM - This is your modern HB. A pivot that drops between CBs in build-up phase. In offence he is mostly covering for counter-attacks but also makes himself available for a back pass to retain possession. Can be a re-trained natural modern CB if you have a spare or can't find a good DM.
CM - Your playmakers. Technical players, don't have to be fast, but good dribbling/passing is important. Why mezzallas? I find them working well on support and garbage on attack mentality. On support they - surprise - support wide areas, help in defense and play just outside the box, while still going inside on counters or arriving late on crosses.
AML, AMR, ST - All 3 should be physical strikers. Fast and strong. A complete forward will work in all 3 positions. Actual technical attributes like finishing are less important than pace, acceleration, strength and jumping. Alternatively a fast dribbler might work as well. Still dribbling skis and pace would be more important than finishing. In defense they should cover FBs. In possession they should look for space in between opposition FB and CB.

In my test Udine finished 3rd, which is outstanding and should match the results I got using Corsair tactic although you will score less but concede less as well.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment