Date: 03.01.2023
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Hi!
I've tried varieties of 343 and at one run I just literally forgot to change TIs with high LoE and D-line to test cautious mentality, and somehow it worked xD

tested with Liverpool and Bournemouth

list of versions:
V2 - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17178/
v2.2 and v2.21 - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17203/
strikerless - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17238/
v3 + underlaps - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17329/
attacking - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17404/
positive - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17509/
3 pressing forwards at front and 3/4 team press - https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17572/
balanced 3412 -  https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17839/

not bad

as I've recently found, defensive SP's are slightly messed up with DM staying forward and striker at player marking etc, need to fix those :)

opq said: as I've recently found, defensive SP's are slightly messed up with DM staying forward and striker at player marking etc, need to fix those :)

If you think "cross fixed sp" tactic is better than "cross" tactic then remove "cross" tactic and leave only "cross fixed sp" tactic. I don't think fm-arena is gonna test both tactics just because you tweaked the set pieces.

Droid said: If you think "cross fixed sp" tactic is better than "cross" tactic then remove "cross" tactic and leave only "cross fixed sp" tactic. I don't think fm-arena is gonna test both tactics just because you tweaked the set pieces.

fair point :)

v2

changed TIs
Cautious -> Balanced
+Distribute to CBs, because wings too often are far away running forward for gk to distribute

changed PIs
SKde -> SKsu (too many strange decisions with Def duty, too often don't try to interrupt deep through balls), WBat -> CWBsu (need more roam, and wanted to get rid of passive cross from byline)
-shoot less, dribble and hard tackle from all positions
- man marking from wings

result
Spoiler

and for those who wanna stay with cautious xD

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

strange that v2 got less pts, as it gained like +9pts avg than v1 in test league, but anyway :)

as I definitely in love with volantes in this version and FM clearly says it's best to use in pair with anchor why don't try this + meta

v2.2 (v2.1 has VOLat, but as I mainly test top side with Pool and their central midfielders don't like forward runs at all, then ehhrrr...)

meta-meta PIs:
just tackle harder across all positions

kinda meta TIs:
minimalistic, no work ball into box aka shoot less often, no run at defense aka dribble more
almost clean approach, just + underlaps (didn't test it yet, but I'm in big hope that roaming cwbs should help with them)
shorter pass
standard def line

shape and result
Spoiler

v2.21 (all the same besides 2xAF - > 2xIF, just because many teams have inverted wingers or insides, and not many - 3 great natural forwards)
Spoiler

P.S. later will try lone forward one with meta AF instead of PFde

opq said: strange that v2 got less pts, as it gained like +9pts avg than v1 in test league, but anyway :)
What do you mean?

Zippo said: What do you mean?

I think he means the overall points score was higher than v1 but it achieved less points that v1

CBP87 said: I think he means the overall points score was higher than v1 but it achieved less points that v1

I just checked the points for both tactics:

cross fixed sp
Total Pts = 2,709 points
Total Pld = 1,920 matches

cross v2 balanced
Total Pts = 2,598 points
Total Pld = 1,920 matches

Zippo said: What do you mean?

not yours test league :)
just have a custom db savegame to make quick runs, which saves time like x2 compare to normal holiday runs
and v2 had +9 pts avg in it

and in yours it's very clear to see v2 got less sum of pts :)

p.s. my bad, I didn't say it clear at the initial post

added strikerless version
As a base - v2
PFde -> Enganche sup
AF -> SS

from result point: Pool is definitely strong as a team itself, but have very so-so players for AM positions, still it managed to score more than City + good def

When I download "cross v2 balanced" and "cross v2.2 balanced", they appear to be identical. Am I missing something or is this a mistake?

holav said: When I download "cross v2 balanced" and "cross v2.2 balanced", they appear to be identical. Am I missing something or is this a mistake?

it's a mistake
DMed Zippo already, I've got wrong file to upload for 2.2 :/

opq said: it's a mistake
DMed Zippo already, I've got wrong file to upload for 2.2 :/

I've made it available for editing.

You can replace the file.

Cheers.

Cross V2 bal

Strongest tactic I tried in this FM23, I don't like to concede goals and all others tactics perform but concede too much. As you can see with Prometheus 2.1 results were good but I always concede at least 1 goal.

I finished best attack and best defence.

And I really like how the team is playing. Good job @opq

I'm in 2031 and I had a good team not the best, maybe the 4th or 5th. Now I will see if the tactic is good as an underdog.

Have you try without PF and maybe with false nine or DLF ?

as fully strikerless setup didn't end up well, and I want to step back from 3 strikers, I've converted it to 3421 (or 235 at positional game and you still have an option for fast counter in f9)

Made up from v2: so again not minimalistic (many Tis and PIs)

PFde -> F9 (he just need a chance xD), AF -> AMatt as they seem more stable than SS, and 1 player in attacking trio with dribble (f9) is enough
Vol -> DMde (it's already more then enough players at attacking phase), central BPD -> libero to help at posession (yeah, its a poison pill, since now it sometimes doesn't hurry up to be back at defense but whatever, just need another man at central circle at many buildups if there's no chance for fast breakthrough)

sometimes you getting FMed hard

but overall it's ok :)

+ version for those, who has good AMs, not like Pool ones
-overlaps -cross often from wings, +underlaps
Spoiler

OK, mini-revolution incoming
And yeah, I know, they usually leads to smth even worse xD

I've decided that very first variation or at least v2 in balanced and cautious mentality is enough for my save, when I play in Europe, table of tested tactics in GA perspective says it all I guess

But at Hungarian League I wanna smash opposition with Ferencvarosi.
That's not like I don't already, but I need a real smash

So, ATTACKING incoming (+2IF and AF version, as it showed better results GD wise against 5221, which AI loves to use when wants to park the bus, but it has big problem against good 4231 and 451, specially in away games, so it's ok to switch to this version only against buses)

Main problem during test tbh was to see all match results no matter how it ended up, to see if I got FMed in even game or mb I had an advantage and it was just bad days for conversion chances to goals, or mb it was lose game that my side somehow converted into win(not a good sign), as that's not only you who becomes FMed -  sometime AI struggle too.
So, I needed to see suspicious games when I got W w/o any real advantage just by luck, or got bad luck and got D or L in game, when I should win.
I didn't count real even games(less then 0.5 xG diff), except it at home and vs weaker opps, as it just normal and can turn either side.
With this approach in mind it was only 1 game in 3 runs where I've clearly lose it with no chance, and it was away against City, so not a big problem (or it is as it was -2 xG).

so I've took V3 as base (just because it's easier to change SPs in this) and made it 3412 from 3421
mentality -> attack
-be expressive
-counter-press
distribution without specific positions
D-line -> standard

AF: -tight marking and roam + short pass
AM -> SS: -marking and holding ball and position since at banned by passives
CWBsup -> WBatt: only hard tackle
VOLsup -> DMsup: with tackle, dribble and risky passes
BPD: central one with hard tackle and tight marking, left and right just with passives
SKatt -> SKde - i don't want risky runs at GK position with attacking mentality

screenshots are from last of 3 runs (avg is 100pts)
Spoiler

some positive tension from 2IFAF verse

with slightly shorter passes and trending lower D-line
oh, and finally back to Virgil Saint-Maximin approach aka dribble more on BPDs

one with DMsup
Spoiler

second one with roaming Registas (which I prefer more and hope it will get more pts than DM version)
Spoiler

PFs paradise
and back to cautious
DMsup, AF to PF, team pressing 3/4, lower D, still high LoE

Pool result might be better but Salah missed 6 months
Spoiler

just narrowing things
3PF with minimum width

Aight, going back to real testing and not finding if something is just cosmetics or not :)

2 versions of balanced 3412
1: pretty base
2: when we're comfortably winning just to stop WBs from going byline and prevent unnecessary risk

added hold position for DMs to not reverting them in def mode but still be a little cautious with their movement as we already have 5 men upfront
going through center as we're on strong side here due to player count but still with overlaps for help from WBs
distribution just by rolling out to CBs as there were many longthrows to flanks where WBs were already under pressure getting the ball
removed Tackle harder PI from AFs as this really no need to, as they mainly intercept balls and not killing opposing defs anyway

PS. it's AM and not SS just because my AMs at main save are slow turtles and would be awful SS. Could be easily swapped.
Don't swap WBs to CWBs as you already have many players at central zones, and CWBs tend to move in half flanks often, so u just lose width which sometimes is crucial to stretch defense.

opq said: Aight, going back to real testing and not finding if something is just cosmetics or not :)

2 versions of balanced 3412
1: pretty base
2: when we're comfortably winning just to stop WBs from going byline and prevent unnecessary risk

added hold position for DMs to not reverting them in def mode but still be a little cautious with their movement as we already have 5 men upfront
going through center as we're on strong side here due to player count but still with overlaps for help from WBs
distribution just by rolling out to CBs as there were many longthrows to flanks where WBs were already under pressure getting the ball
removed Tackle harder PI from AFs as this really no need to, as they mainly intercept balls and not killing opposing defs anyway

PS. it's AM and not SS just because my AMs at main save are slow turtles and would be awful SS. Could be easily swapped.
Don't swap WBs to CWBs as you already have many players at central zones, and CWBs tend to move in half flanks often, so u just lose width which sometimes is crucial to stretch defense.

God speed man, getting a reliable 3ATB tactic is the hardest so far

MemorizableUsername said: God speed man, getting a reliable 3ATB tactic is the hardest so far

it's not that hard, u ONLY need 3 good CBs and at least 1 decent for rotation xD
WBs are crucial, but everyone can cross the ball in this ME really, just not everyone can def properly

Pool run with main
sub WBs with 19 and 17 assists

opq said: it's not that hard, u ONLY need 3 good CBs and at least 1 decent for rotation xD
WBs are crucial, but everyone can cross the ball in this ME really, just not everyone can def properly

Pool run with main
sub WBs with 19 and 17 assists

Inspired to pick up my old 3ATB tactic to tweak it around, some early test results

MemorizableUsername said: Inspired to pick up my old 3ATB tactic to tweak it around, some early test results

I tried WCB but they feel like not on the same level on bpd unfortunaly :| even the libero.
But you can try libero again imho.

MemorizableUsername said: Inspired to pick up my old 3ATB tactic to tweak it around, some early test results

its kinda hard to find suitable players for WCB role, so I just gave up on it
tried them too

for someone he knows who NOT THIS STERIL version
sadly, it can't be 3 Volantes at once, so at least you'll get 2 of them xD
it wouldn't be me if i didn't try to sterilize tho, so AM goes to CMat, still it's more then attacking role

opq said: for someone he knows who NOT THIS STERIL version
sadly, it can't be 3 Volantes at once, so at least you'll get 2 of them xD
it wouldn't be me if i didn't try to sterilize tho, so AM goes to CMat, still it's more then attacking role

Justice for Okoli and Haaland Lite ! They should be first team starters :D

Create an account or log in to leave a comment