Test #3
Date: 20.12.2022
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Hi all, here is another tactic based on the diamond shape used by crizeKOS and MemorizableUsername. I haven't yet seen one with this exact configuration so I thought I'd share this one. Also a thank you to Zippo for the tactical instruction testing which I leaned on heavily here.

The IWBs are on support contrary to most other versions of this, and the DM is on support (although this might be changed to defend).

Tested this with Manchester City and Bournemouth again. City won the league comfortably getting 100 points and a +114 goal difference. Bournemouth made Europa Conference League although you will notice that they had the worst defence in the league, which is why I think the DM should be changed to a defend mentality.

They both performed as expected so there is nothing to be concerned about there, it's just a case of being better defensively.

Sunak Diamond v2: https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/17324/

Hi all, I have made some adjustments mainly in the instructions. However, I have started to use the player roles from crizeKOS. This is Sunak Diamond v2.

+ Positive mentality
+ Play out of defence
+ Work ball into box
- Underlaps
- Run at defence
+ Counter-press
+ Roll it out
- Distribute quickly

Changed the full-backs to IWB(A) rather than IWB(S), also changed to DM(D) as opposed to DM(S). Added instructions "Take more risks", "Shoot less often", "Dribble more", "Get further forward" to all applicable players. Added "Cross from byline" to DWs and also "Stay wider" to the BPDs.

Tested with Watford and Birmingham and had a very impressive return. If Norwich weren't overpowered on this edition of FM, both Watford and Birmingham would have got promoted automatically.

Here are the expected points. Both overperformed their points but finished in the position that they should have done.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment