PLD
Matches
Patch 23.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 21.12.2022
Test #2
Date: 21.12.2022

Hello everyone! I'm cptdoggo, last year I created "Positive Tiki-Taka", a tactic many of you may have used. I stopped playing FM22 so much, but now I'm back and getting used to FM23 still.

I chose to start out with something that's not so present on the forum, specifically a 3 at the back formation. I've always been a fan of these, but unfortunately rarely ever got decent tactics for them last year. I think I got a decent 3-4-1-2 going in my testing league and I might give it a shot on a non-simulated save.

This tactic is heavily inspired by Gasperini's tactics at Atalanta. I don't want to bore you with the details, but the main points of this formation are the diamonds on the sides between the Wide CB's, Wing Backs, Midfielders and Attackers. This creates overloads on the wings and frees up space in other places of the pitch. In game it works as a very fluid counter-attacking high pressing formation, suitable for both top teams and underdogs.

Although this may seem like a very defending formation at first glance, do not be fooled, it is a very attacking and compact formation. Most of the goals will be created by the WB's crosses and long balls, who are a very important part of this tactic. The tactic is all about attracting the opposition to the sides of the pitch to free up space in the center and on the opposite side and launch deadly balls in behind the defenders when said space is created.

Below are my results after a season with the bottom 3 teams by media prediction in the Premier League, Forrest, Bournemouth and Fulham.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment