Date: 30.12.2022
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

The Last Shadow

I've been using the testing league that Will put together and some of the community are using. I noticed that France were always in the top 3 of my test results. So I looked at the shape they were using and it was a 3412. I decided to try my hand at putting together a 3412 using some of the key instructions from some of the top tactics on this site and finally I managed to get some success with this one, The Last Shadow.

The set pieces are my own, but as I said roles and TIs are based on the top tactics on here. So credit to those 3 creators.

As you can see, it went unbeaten in the league, winning 33 drawing 5 and losing 0, we conceded 1 goal out the last 50 games from a set piece. Unfortunately City crashed out of the UCL in the QF stage.

I've also included the score from my testing with Will's testing league, it scored a respectable 544, which I believe would put this in 2nd place in his testing (well 2nd for now)

Just for clarity, this is shape France have been using in the test league

CBP87 said: I noticed that France were always in the top 3 of my test results. So I looked at the shape they were using and it was a 3412.

Here're some reasons why French team might do well:

- French team might have better players than other teams

- The AI manager of French team might have better attributes than other AI managers

- if the league plays 100 matches and you test without using FMRTE then teams with  a deep bench get an advantage so it might French team has 22 good players and other teams only 14-17 good players

- At the start the Team Cohesion of French team might be better than other teams have

There could be many other factors...

Solaris said: Here're some reasons why French team might do well:

- The AI manager of French team might have better attributes than other AI managers

- if the league plays 100 matches and you test without using FMRTE then teams with  a deep bench get an advantage so it might French team has 22 good players and other teams just 14-17 good players

- At the start the Team Cohesion of French team might be better than other teams have

There could be many other reasons...

Thanks for pointing that out, I never realised other factors could contribute to a teams success

Solaris said: Here're some reasons why French team might do well:

- if the league plays 100 matches and you test without using FMRTE then teams with  a deep bench get an advantage so it might French team has 22 good players and other teams only 14-17 good players

There could be many other factors...

The one constant I found when looking at the French team was the shape they used. The other variables are difficult to mimic because the team selection changes as well as some instructions and yes the French team may have better players but the shape was a constant, but FMRTE wasn't used so as you said team selection would vary. I'm aware of all the other factors but I can't duplicate what I can't see and bear in mind you don't have data hub or analyst reports at international level

The Last Shadow - 343 Suplex to the wind

I have mixed up the shape of the last shadow with the majority of the TIs and SPs from @Delicious 343 Suplex to the wind tactic https://fm-arena.com/thread/3161-3atb-contest/

Changes made by me were
- Middle striker to AM
- Removed Overlap
- Roll it out to Throw it long
- Removed get stuck in

The Last Shadow - 343 Suplex to the wind Mix v2

Changes made from https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/18117/

- Added overlap left/right
- Removed throw it long
- Added Get Stuck In

CBP87 said: The Last Shadow - 343 Suplex to the wind Mix v2

Changes made from https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/18117/