PLD
Matches
Patch 23.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 01.01.2023
Test #2
Date: 01.01.2023

Happy new year everyone. I have created another tactic, this time it is based on ZaZ Blue in FM21 but using the @Delicious metarules from this year.

A very familiar tactic for those that played FM21 but includes the focus down the flanks that seems to perform so well in this match engine.

Man City won the league and Bournemouth came 8th. While the 91 points from City may not look so impressive on the face of it, bear in mind that they played this whole season without Haaland playing a single game due to the nature of the formation. Instead, Phil Foden won the golden boot with 22 goals.

Thought I'd put the expected points in this to show that Bournemouth were tremendously unlucky not to get any form of European football. However, there are some more interesting expected statistics that I'd like to show this time.

Bournemouth actually had the 4th most non-penalty xG per 90 in the league, which isn't too surprising given how attacking all of these tactics are. In the next screenshot you can see that Bournemouth also had the 6th least xGA per game.

I'm very interested to see how this does when the FM Arena server comes back on

My nostalgia trip from FM21 hasn't gone brilliantly I'm not gonna lie

Create an account or log in to leave a comment