Test #3
Date: 05.01.2023
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

You may be forgiven for thinking that this tactic looks familiar. Because in terms of player roles and team instructions it is exactly the same as @Delicious Prochazka. However, I have found that my own tactics perform better when I go mental with player instructions, so I have applied a lot of player instructions to the base tactic.

It did well in the league, unsurprisingly, and won the league with Man City.

xG performance was good, although I have seen significantly better in the past from a Bournemouth perspective

If this tactic actually works then a big thank you is deserved for @Delicious

Boris x Prochazka v2: https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/18359/

Boris x Prochazka v3: https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/18364/

Boris x Prochazka v4: https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/18389/

4231 is consuming our soul

Delicious said: 4231 is consuming our soul

Although at least this time I feel I learned something. Now I know that the additional player instructions are actually detrimental

Right so the version of Boris x Prochazka that I uploaded yesterday didn't work that well with all of the additional player instructions. So I have a new version which is the same, but removes all player instructions to see how it does without any. The objective of this is to see the impact that @Delicious player instructions have on the tactic.

This is the first tactic I've ever tested that won the Championship with Birmingham City, predicted 24th.

The xG performance wasn't remarkable but it is roughly what it normally is. The most expected points I have ever had with Watford is 95, so this does fall slightly below that.

My feeling with this is that it won't perform as well as the original Prochazka, but it is worth knowing that now before doing further testing.

Right, another tweak of Prochazka. This time just replacing the volantes with regular defensive midfielders. This is Boris x Prochazka v3.

The reason for this is mainly because we moved to a double pivot of volantes a few weeks ago, but tactics have developed since then so I wanted to see how it would do if I reverted it back.

I actually did this test with both Man City and Bournemouth, but City sacked me a week before the Champions League final due to not winning the league. However, Bournemouth who are predicted 20th came 3rd. So I think RNG definitely played its part here.

xG was solid for both sides. You can see that City and Liverpool were pretty much neck and neck, this was possibly the best Liverpool performance I've seen during testing. Bournemouth also showing that they completely merited their 3rd place in the league.

Once again, credit to @Delicious

Here we are again with another tweak of Prochazka. The main addition to this one is that the DMs have 'get further forward' added to them, in an attempt to find a balance between the regular DMs and segundo volantes. This also takes out 'get stuck in' as per the post from @Zippo yesterday. I've also revamped the transitional instructions to my personal favourites. This is Boris x Prochazka v4.

Ironically it did exactly as well in the league as it did in the last test that I did, but this time it managed to win the league on 92 points rather than getting me sacked in 2nd. Yet again, Bournemouth got top 4 and Solanke scored 41 league goals.

Man City got another two expected points this time but Bournemouth got exactly the same as they did last time. My feeling is that this will do exactly as well as v3 that I uploaded yesterday.

Credit to @Delicious for the vast majority of this tactic

Create an account or log in to leave a comment