Test #3
Date: 10.01.2023
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

IF wider to reduce overlaps, and removed roll it to avoid situations like the one below. It should also allow goalkeepers to use their attributes to start counter-attacks more efficiently, using kicks or throws.

I seriously can't identify why it's not working at least in the level of 4.2. It gets better results with IF wide instead of neutral or narrow. Is the Roll It Out making such a difference?

ZaZ said: IF wider to reduce overlaps

Why do you consider overlaps as a bad thing?

Milakus said: Why do you consider overlaps as a bad thing?

Not necessarily bad, but I would like IFs to get closer to the area through the flanks instead of moving to the mid too early. That's the area where most of the interceptions happen.

ZaZ said: It gets better results with IF wide instead of neutral or narrow.
Why do you think like that?

Milakus said: Why do you think like that?

I might be wrong and it might be better without wide IF, but every time I test IF wide in my experiments, it gives me better results.

ZaZ said: I seriously can't identify why it's not working at least in the level of 4.2. It gets better results with IF wide instead of neutral or narrow. Is the Roll It Out making such a difference?

Perhaps the standard pass was affected instead of the short pass.

And why do you always refuse counter-press?

Sane said: Perhaps the standard pass was affected instead of the short pass.

And why do you always refuse counter-press?

Counter-press doesn't make much of a difference, so no reason to add it. About passing, I have also tried shorter and it usually is worse for me. I also don't see much reason to test what has already been tested extensively, which is why I am trying a route with less overlap.

P.S.: I will add a version with counter-press and shorter passing to see how it goes.

Milakus said: Why do you consider overlaps as a bad thing?

I think you can get done a lot on the counter with overlaps that leave your DR and DL so high up the pitch all the time. I prefer stay wider for IF's, with overlaps still on, so that your wing backs are there to support and they do overlap, just not too high on every attack. I think my IF's are better as well

ZaZ said: I seriously can't identify why it's not working at least in the level of 4.2.

It could be the 4.2 hit the highest RNG. I think it can be as high as 3 points.

Milakus said: It could be the 4.2 hit the highest RNG. I think it can be as high as 3 points.

There is a good chance of that too. I will keep working on Water before I can play again the career on weekend, and I think it works better without shorter passing and with wide IF. However, after testing a bit more, I think Counter-Press gives some interesting moves in game that match what I am looking for. I also want to play without Roll It Out, because I want faster counter attacks. I hope things work well on that direction.

Keep in mind that it is possible that overlap is just better. I am exploring the other road because I think it matches more what I'm trying to accomplish on the field, and I believe it has potential to good results. However, my beliefs are worth nothing if tests prove me wrong.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment